Why do women try to order the most expensive meals on a first date?

I made the mistake of taking a woman on a date, she ordered the most expensive meal and told me she didn't see us going anywhere relationship wise. I got up, paid for my half of the meal, and left her at the restaurant. Now, if a woman ever tries to pull that crap on me again, I wouldn't want to see her again. It shows she's high maintenance and I don't want a woman like that. This won't win me any popularity points with women, but I don't care. It might be selfish but I won't let any woman take advantage of me again. Thinking about it pisses me off. Why do women do this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you did the right thing by walking out. You made a point to her that you will not accept all the crap that she spewed.

Of course you made the mistake of making it sound like all women do this, but we don't. If I were to order the "most expensive" meal in the menu, I would expect to buy it... Heck, I would assume that on the first dates when we don't know each other at all, and neither of us would essentially owe each other anything we WOULD be paying for our own halves, weather it be dinner, drink, movie or such things. Maybe later on we could switch on who pays for what. I only find it fair. If he pays for me one time, why shouldn't I pay something for him another?

What Girls Said 4

• not all women go out on a first date with a guy their not interested to begin with. and what this woman did by going out with you and then ordering the most expensive meal only to tell you that she doesn't see you two going anywhere is pretty cheap. I think you did the right thing by paying for your meal and then leaving her at the restaurant to pay for hers. good for you. I'd think of other things to do when going out on a date like maybe coffee at a coffee shop or out for a drink or to some kind of fun outing so you can get to know each other. it shouldn't have to cost a lot of money just to hang out with someone and get to know them.

• I'd buy something I enjoy eating no matter the price. If someone was paying for me I'd order something cheaper but to my taste

They do it to show off make the guy think they're used to buying expensive stuff

• You have a date with one woman who does this, and you assume we all do? Smh

It's fine to have her pay for half of it, and I don't see anything particularly wrong with what you did (given the way she behaved). Advice for next time is to have inexpensive initial dates, like coffee, ice cream, free shows, etc.

• i'm not going on any dates anymore. If I want to go out to eat, I'll take myself out.

• I think you're reading too much into my words. I don't care what you do, I just acknowledge your right to do as you like. This is a pointless exchange. Let's end it, yes? Cool.

• Ok bye (rolls eyes)

• To see if you're cheap or not.

What Guys Said 5

• That is your bad, not hers. Not every 1st date is going to work out

Next time take a woman to a place where the priciest item on the menu is still something you can afford without sweating the outcome of the date. Save the more expensive places for when you are in a more committed relationship and she has proved her worth to you.

• I admit it was my fault, I won't make that mistake again. And I plan on doing that. Not every woman is worth it.

• Coffee dates for 1st date or something else lite and quick because if its a bust, you are out what... $10 and 30 minutes? 2nd date maybe step things up a notch if she seems promising. But that 1st date isn't about romance, its about fitlering out the non-matches. That girl would have likely said the same thing if you took her to Starbucks for a latte and you likely less irratated about it because it didn't cost you much anyway.

• I don't drink coffee and I don't ever plan on asking a woman out ever again. If I want to do something, I'll do it by myself.

• I wanna give you a high five, that's great lol sounds like she just wanted a free meal. Good job, I'm curious what was her reaction?

• It's a sh*t test. Plain and simple. But you seem to have a good solution.

• To use you, of course.

"I got up, paid for my half of the meal, and left her at the restaurant." - Nice.

• Professional daters, they're not interested, and they have no class.