Can a 17 year old and a 15 year old date even if he is a senior and she is a freshman?

There is a girl I am interested in. She is 15 and plays soccer. Anyways, even though we are hitting it off great, I have a dilemma. You see, I myself am 17 and she is already 15. Usually this age gap is okay, but I'm a senior and she is a Freshman. She entered school a year late and she looks/acts like someone a year older, so there's that.

I'm just asking if it is okay for us to date despite the grade gap even if we are in "acceptable" age of each other.

• Yes, it is okay.
  • No, it is not okay (grade difference).
  • No, it is not okay (age difference).
  • Depends/Other/Maybe

Most Helpful Girl

• It's perfectly acceptable age wise but grade wise it will sound a little odd.

Freshman year is a big year for most girls to meet a lot of people and make new friends. Don't isolate her too much from her grade. And make an attempt to hang out with her freshman friends a lot. They'll appreciate you more for it. If possible, try to get the groups of friends(your friends and her friends) to hang out together, it'll make the grade gap seem less significant.

This is a secondary concern but I recommend not taking her to prom or other big senior events. She has 4 years left of high school, you don't want to ruin her experience for her. Also before you enter the relationship, you should be aware of the stigmas that will come with it. It may not show itself this year but it will sound really strange next year when you enter university and tell everyone you're dating a sophomore in high school.

Depending on her maturity level, you'll have to be patient with her. Don't push for too much at a time or she'll feel pressured. The same thing goes for if you guys try to take it long distance next year. She'll feel left behind and alone.

Naturally, I'm a little biased because I'm writing from my own experiences dating a senior for 2 years as a freshman. However, I recommend you thinking through this carefully before giving it a shot.

• Thanks for such a detailed explanation! Don't worry, I was already planning on letting her have a social lice and taking her to prom and stuff. Also the college I plan on attending is only 20 minutes away from our school, so it would be cool.

• No problem and good luck :)

What Girls Said 5

• Yea, its fine you're only 2 years apart. Who cares about grade level? Me and my best friend are 12 years apart and he's graduated college and I'm in my last year of high school and I'm thinking about dating him.

• There is not a big difference in age/grade. Just be careful not to do anything illegal and you'll be fine.

• Seniors date freshmen all the time, there's nothing weird about it. Go and ask her out :)

• Go for it! Age is just a number! Have fun!

• I'm 19 and my boyfriend is 16. So yes a 17 year old and a 15 year old can date.

What Guys Said 3

• GREEN LIGHT! GO AHEAD! YOU ARE CLEARED TO TAKE ACTION COMMANDO!

Really there is no reason not too... why would it be wrong?

• Im 19 and my girlfriend is 16.

• Yeah man, it's only 2 years