Fun first date ideas that aren't dinner & movie?

I'm generous with my money, but fact is some women I know have never been on a date that hasn't been either dinner or a movie. What are good ideas on a first date that won't be too expensive or extravagant, but will show a guy is sort of fun and interesting? Summer's over so the free concerts in the park season is over.

Most Helpful Guy

• depends where you live. but I'm near philadelphia so I would often go to dinner and then on a nice walk through parts of the city that are kind of romantic at night. I've rented bikes to go for a ride along the river (which is especially nice this time of year). a musuem or if you are in a city maybe some weekend festival, arts fair, etc.

if you know she is into sports maybe a sporting event.

i think what you really want to do is let the first date give you ample time to get to know each other to find out if a second date is worthwhile.

What Girls Said 2

• You could do something like ice or roller skating. You could also go for a hike if you're both into that sort of thing. Both of those things give you something fun to do and leave room open for conversation.

• mini golf! that's what my boyfriend took me on for our first date and it was great

What Guys Said 3

• Try going to a museum or another cultural event that you share an interest in. Also, going for a walk around a fun town with good shops and restaurants. Go during the day on the weekend rather than at night.

• Egging cars.

• Hmm. I took a girl to a shooting range for a date, we shot a 9mm carbine and an ak-47, she loved it. Depends on the girl, I'd suppose.