Why are girls on dating sites so picky?

So see all these girl on dating sites and they ether write something which scares a guy away on the bio section or they are highly selective and act like the guy who need to be on dating site are all losers.

the women wear I live are very elitist on top of that they require 4 year degrees to be considered but educations only leads to dept. lol

I got a 2 year degree so don't think that's shameful

Most Helpful Girl

• BECAUSE YOU ALL SOUND THE SAME! BORING!

I'm now engaged to the guy who sent me a message: 'All the niggas in the room say yea'

I'm not even black so I couldn't be offended, but it actually, somehow became an exciting/thought provoking conversation.

Every-time I saw a.. 'Hey, you okay? xxx' I didn't even bother looking at the profile even if they did look cute/sound nice because I got about 15 of the same messages everyday. And what kind of exciting conversation comes out from that? :') apart from..

Him: Hey, you okay? xxx

Me: Great thank you, you? xxx

Him: Same, what you up to? xxx

Me: (try and be original even though he knows exactly what I'm doing, which is exactly the same as him... on the internet of course.)

STOP killing any chance of interesting conversation men!

• Hey wait a minute ! You're not fat or ugly ! People say that non famous non rich black men only date and attract fat ugly trashy white girls (well that's at least what white guys and black girls say) why do I keep running into attractive white women who date black guys! you guys aren't playing by the rules!

What Girls Said 4

• A lot of them send messages that are obviously just copy/paste.

Also, I find dating sites make us more shallow - if we don't like the picture we don't reply since that is all we have to go on.

• Men are also picky. Basically many people just look at pic to decide. Not very into dating site.

• yes there are some decent guys on dating sites but a lot of the dating sites are filled with not great guys. most girls on dating sites will be bombarded with messages, winks, flirts etc from 100s of guys (mostly "losers" - ill just refer to at as that) either asking if she wants to exchange pictures or something dirty or just really annoying stuff. also there are a lot of predators on those sites, also just people in general like narcissists, psychopaths etc. so a lot of women are very apprehensive about the people on those sites. sure there may be a few good guys on there, like you, but they aren't very common and its hard to distinguish the good from the bad. for example a liar is going to say they don't lie and a non liar is going to say they don't lie. do you see my point. sometimes it can be hard when on those dating sites.

• girls can afford to be picky because so many guys message them daily its easier to just pick from one of those instead of searching and reaching out to someone

set up an account as an average/attractive looking girl and see how many messages you get bombarded with, its kinda ridiculous tbh

• yes hate dumb guys who ruin it for us

• obviously I'm not saying they should be picking guys with 4 year degrees as a standard (thats stupid imo), a guy can be smart and have a decent job he can support himsef with, without a degree and education doesn't make you a nice person. so if the girls are doing that then they are stuck up snobs who you wouldn't want to date anyway

• that right but we have are living in the top 10 the shadow of you of michigan they extrem snubs while townies are brook but not to many townies around so most are out town student to come her to act like snubs

What Guys Said 5

• Sorry for my English btw

It's about looks .Women ( even plain ones ) are bombarded with messages and pick the best looking guy that shown an interest in them or message hunk out of their leage hoping he will respond. I remeber some study ( I cannot post links ) on dating site okcupid helped us to found out that women rated 80 % of men as below average in looks department. Having that in mind in order to get a date from POf or OKcupid you have to be better looking then all they guys from social circle of a girl . Recommend reading about experiment where guy created fake male model profile . It;s extremely eye opening

• well they are overwhelmingly outnumbered by men on those sites

• hundreds of messages and men to choose from. Sites like POF are rated 7 to one Male to female.

• Because guys are thirsty and long ago they took the role of making the first move like a dummy. Guys are also less shallow than women (contrary to popular belief) .

• Because everyone today is entitled to what they see on reality TV and in social media. Everyone deserves "The Bachelor" or "The Bachelorette" and everything today is about looks and not personality. It's pretty pathetic actually.

• guys don't watch the bachelor/ette , so women are the ones who want good looking guys only

• Not true! Girls want an exciting man (sense of humour, career choice, heart etc)... as long as he isn't a complete slob with looks and tries to look decent.

• Im a exciting guy