What's the longest you've ever dated/been with someone before you fell in love with them?

Or what's the longest you've dated someone before you caught yourself starting to fall in love with them?

Ps. Please don't waste an answer solely to comment on the lack of an option for specific # of months. GAG only gives you 5 Poll Options & I wanted those who've never been in a relationship that long to be able to see the answers.

• Days
  • Weeks
  • Months
  • Years
  • Never reached that point in a relationship.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't date them until I'm pretty certain of my feelings for them as well as how well we mesh as friends. Seems stupid to just start dating someone you meet randomly. I mean, the person you end up with in life should be your best friend as well right? The person you get along with best in the world and can just spend so much time with? Why is it people don't rush into best friend status but they rush into dating? If you're interested in possibly more, it's cool to let em know early on that you feel strong for them, but wanna stick with friends for now, but to go right into dating seems immature to me.

So I guess it'd be days into dating for me because of how I prefer to handle relationships.

What Guys Said 10

• My current girlfriend

Shes the one

• Took me 5 years.

• 5 weeks for both of us.

• Til the end of time.

• lol never love is just a word guys use to get in girls pants...

• hey, what's with the cute pic?

• 6 months

• if you're a guy, never talk about love until the girl does. just my opinion.

• Never been in love

• 10,000 hours.

What Girls Said 15

• I once dated a guy for about 5 days before I fell in love with him, but I had also been his friend for several months before that.

• He loved me before I loved him, I think, even before we got together (we were friends for a few years first). It took me a few months into the relationship to let myself get that far, because he was my first serious relationship.

• I think after 3 or 4 months after we became exclusive. He was in love with me a long time before that, though. I love him more now than I did back then.

• the question is LONGEST? right? okay...good. just trying to clarify...

cuz..some people chose weeks...weeks?! The longest was in the weeks category?! Oh my...Oh my... hahahaaaa :)

I chose years. It took me a year.

• That never really happened to me when I was 10 I loved this boy and we "dated" for 2 years, of course wen you're that young its called puppy love...

• Thought I was in love once, but it wasn't so.

• Never fallen in love; the closest I ever came was with a friend (we weren't even dating); it took about a year.

• It usually takes me at least 6 months before I start to feel love for someone.

• Almost a year

• I dated a guy for 2 years it was at one 1/2 year mark I fell in love with him.

• It took me a good 8 months to fall in love with him.

He fell in love with me before we even started dating lol

• I said weeks, but I honestly don't remember - I think it was like 3 weeks or a month or so. Could have been a month and a half. But we had been hanging out and were really sure we liked each other before we were "officially" dating. Plus I was 18 and he was my first love sooo...yeah I didn't necessarily think it through.

• Not there yet.

• It was probably like five months or so. We've now been together two years and I am more and more sure that I love him every day.

• It took me over a year. I ended up regretting it, so it'll probably take me even longer next time before I let myself get there.