Why is it that no matter how old we get, we still have the instinctual desire to date and have relationships?

Even way beyond our teens and 20's, young love, etc.?, Why do people continue to date and be in relationships in 30's and above?

Because I'm inexperienced and I hate how people say it is never too late, they are making it out to be as if somebody can be 70 or 80 and still go on dates and be in relationships
I also hate how us guys have to have priorities
Pisses me off so damn much

Most Helpful Guy

• I hate life for being the way it is, hate how women don't owe me jacksh*t

What Girls Said 3

• Simply put, it's probably because of our biological drives for sex and emotional drives for companionship.

• My grandmother is in what she says is her happiest relationship at age 75. She met the guy when she was 70. He also says it's his happiest relationship. They were both married 3 times ... which shows, I guess, that maintaining a positive, hopeful attitude ... while it can be disappointing in many ways, can also be an asset. So it's true that it's never too late. Humans still continue to have emotions, longings, love as they age. And even sex, if you stay in decent physical condition, from what I understand.

• why is it never too late? you make it sound like people can have sex, great sex at 70 or 80

• Humans seem wired for it. We continue to get a boost of endorphins from social bonding, affection and sex even after we're out of reproductive prime.

What Guys Said 4

• We are conditioned to mate

• Update #3: lmao

• Maybe because you can feel safer if your mate isn't into anyone but you.

• Don't know probably evolution