Should fat guys give up on dating

i'm about 100 pounds overweight. I'm tall and I carry it relatively well, but I do still look fat. I am losing weight right now, but it's going to take a good while (probably a year) to get the results I want.

is it pointless to talk to women and ask women out or would women give a guy who is fat (but genuinely changing his lifestyle) a chance?

so if it takes 6 months, for the next six months I should just not talk to women?

Most Helpful Girl

• Should fat guys give up on dating?

I don't do should unless it pertains to harming children/animals. In my opinion it's probably suited for fat guys to give up on dating depending on which gals they want to date. So if you're seeking above average looking gals and you're fat without wealth, status, or an amazing personality it's probably suited to give up or lower your standards.

Considering that you talk about gals giving him a chance it seems you're talking about gals that are attractive and average weight or thin so in my opinion the gals would likely give him way more of a chance than he is giving to fat gals.

What Girls Said 5

• I know a tall fat guy who's engaged. And his fiance is pretty and relatively skinny compared to him. So you're just like any other guy out there.

• no cause some girls don't focus on looks and even if you're fat that does not mean you're ugly. personally I can call a guy handsome even if he is fat because I'm more on each of his "facial features".

• It is about personality. This overweight girl with no T or A dates all the time. Weird. But true.

• You can be friendly, but don't think you're gonna get a bad girlfriend if you're obese.

• Well you say you're losing the weight. So for now, maybe. Lose enough weight and then get back into dating.

What Guys Said 7

• Pointless? No. Nothing you try in life is every pointless if there is still a chance of success, no matter how small.

Worth your time? No. I would concentrate on getting down to a healthy weight first before you try to get women. Not avoid all contact, just not flirting or trying to get a girl because it is probably not going to happen. I'm just telling you the truth.

Some women will give you a chance, but most won't. It's like selling a house, even if you have a great interior (personality) how are you going to get buyers if your exterior (body) is bad? Just spend your time right now changing your lifestyle and becoming healthier. It will pay off greatly. It will be hard work, but hard work = great results.

Good luck!

• I am 6'2 and I am 230-240. I was at 327 8 months ago, and I can tell you that back then there was no way in hell I could attract the type of girl that I was into. I still have a long way to go and am far from looking skinny, but I can tell you that I have had boosted confidence and have been back into the dating scene. Id say that you need to clean up your appearance if that's an issue. Clean trimmed facial hair, modern clothes/etc will help you on your way to finding the right girl. For now to be honest, id focus on training and getting fit, your confidence will increase naturally and women will notice that, and from then on, it only gets easier.

Good luck bud.

• Some girls will be demanding but some will care more about you as a person more than your physical presence. Just keep working towards losing more weight.

• Well certain girls will be hard. I certainly wouldn't stop talking to women. That may just make you depressed and bitter in the end. You should just keep working at it, at your own pace. It's funny because I was at a picnic a few days ago, and I saw this fat guy with this young slick black girl, and I remembered thinking "There's no way..." Then I saw them kiss and I'm like "fu.cking A"

• I don't know. I've been overweight my whole life and haven't had a single ounce of luck with women. I'm finally losing weight now though, I've lost 50 pounds in 4 months, still have 80 pounds to go to reach my goal of 200 at 6'3". Hopefully I'll have some luck once I reach my goal weight. Until then, I don't have any plans to ask out women, I've been rejected far too much to try again until I'm at my best.

• Get a fat chick.

• One of the things we guys need to get used to is dealing with rejection. You might as well get that now while you are still overweight.

Otherwise you will get thin and when you still get rejected (because we ALL do) you will get angry and despondent.