What are the chances you contact your ex after breaking up?

My ex broke up with me 2 and a half weeks ago. In the beginning I as devastated, she broke up with me over text message saying that she needed space etc, a really low move in my opinion.

During that first week, I have tried to speak with her family, went to her house and spoke to her nan. She said she didn't want a boyfriend right now blah blah. Since she blocked me on Facebook, I decided to write her a letter, telling her about how we met and all the good times we shared and then said I'm moving on. The letter was about 5 pages long lol

Anyway I been doing some reading online and the majority of people say your ex will come back. In that letter I made it clear I will never contact her again and that is what I am doing. No contact rule is the best thing in my opinion.

Ok anyway, so I have cut contact, is there any chance she will realize what she has lost and try and get in touch with me? If she, when? one month, 2 months? If she does come back, I'm gonna think long and hard if I want her back.

Most Helpful Girl

• People do always say an ex will come back...but a lot of times, the caveat to that is they come back once it's too late. So even though you're hurting now, with time it really will get better. That doesn't mean you still won't miss her sometimes or even in the back of your mind wish you were still with her, maybe. But you'll come to terms with being single and be content with it--at least that's the hope. The worst thing you could do is hop from relationship to relationship without coming to terms with your feelings on your last girlfriend.

She may never be interested in associating with you again, but if she does come back and it's to be your girlfriend, you may a) not want a relationship or b) already be with someone (better than her).

What Girls Said 6

• When I'm done, I'm done. My exes always come back and ask if I'm still interested in another go around within a year. I stay firm and say no. Exes are exes for a reason. She broke up with you - she'll probably want to just be friends or keep in touch - In my opinion, tell her no thank you. She had her chance.

• Don't ever wait for an ex to come back. It keeps you from healing and moving on. Take what you have learned from the relationship, good and bad, but leave the actual relationship behind.

Should she ever come back (which I would say is unlikely), you will be a different person by then and THAT person can decide whether or not she is still worth it. But the person you are now needs to move on first.

Also, keep the letter to yourself, she doesn't need to read it. She made it clear she doesn't want any more contact . Still, writing it was a good move because it helps to give you the closure you need to leave that part of your life behind.

• I re contacted my ex several times. If you completely vanish from her life then maybe in 3 months she will contact you, it depends if there's someone else or not. Best thing to do is to not dwell on it at all and just let her go. Accept the fact that she did not want you anymore and therefor you should stop trying, it will only push her away.

• I wouldn't get my hopes up, she dumped you in the most cowardly way, she made up her mind,why would she realize what she lost? she didn't LOSE you, she dumped u..move on she sounds like a selfish person.

• well if she's saying she wants space that sounds like she isn't really into to you and blocking you on Facebook means she's definitely not into you. maybe she's mad at you? did you do something? that's the only thing I could thing of is that she's either not into you or she's mad at you...or maybe she's just afraid to fall in love and get hurt.

you're doing the right thing by not contacting her..if she really does love you she'll come around eventually..it might take a couple of months but make sure that within that time YOU MOVE ON...go out with other girls.maybe she'll see what's she missing and it will make her feel jealous

• It depends, which ex, if I really fell for them, or didn't reach a complete sense of closure, it's likely, but I usually avoid it by deleting numbers.

What Guys Said 5

• Never. When a girl decides that she doesn't want me anymore I just move on. It's a conflict of interest when it's to that point. Most of my exes have tried to be "friends" or even talk to me but I just ignore them. No letters about moving on, no showing up to their house, no angry calls or texts, no being "civil", none of that crap. Doing that gives the ex power and it lets them know you care and that's a mistake.

Back then I was "The guy that women asked for" and it got me nowhere. I changed my game and did the total opposite of what I was doing before and now I get the girls. When a girl gives you excuses and breaks up with you that usually means that she has another guy or she has one waiting in the wings. Plus it's not about how good you treat her. She is hiding the real reason why she left you and it's not worth to pursue that reason.

Don't expect her to contact you. Even if she does there is a tactic that girls use on guys and it goes like this. If an ex girlfriend contacts you out of the blue it's to remind herself why she left you for the life/person she has at the moment, or who ever she was with it didn't work out with that person so she expects to come back to you as back up. Another reason is that she wants comfort and she expects that you won't say no to her or turn her down.

No contact is for moving on and bettering yourself. If she contacts you ignore her. Don't answer calls, texts, emails, and walk past her in person without saying a word. Start dating other girls. This, is moving on.

• Look I don't want you to get your hopes up. I know sometimes people can patch it up but truthful the longer it takes the more likely she has moved on. I honestly did the writting to my ex thing thinking she would miss me but it didn't make a bit of difference, all I was doing was prolonging the pain I was going to feel when I realized it was really over.

• My brother, I feel your pain. I was like you when I was you younger. You are trying to rationalize common sense and logic into the situation. I hate to tell you but women lack both especially younger ones.

Chalk it up as a learning experience. Go out with your friends. Work on you and your relationship with yourself. Make yourself mentally and physically stronger. You will meet many other girls in time.

• Cheers for the advice man, that's exactly what I have been doing the past week or so and I am starting to realize what I can learn from this. I can already feel myself becoming mentally and physically stronger from this experience

• Stay strong my brother!

• She may come back after a while; it happens. But does it really matter if she does? Do you want to be with someone who just tosses you aside, and then expects you to take her back when SHE is ready?

• You need to just forget about her. She doesn't want anything to do with you after the breakup. The best thing for you and your feelings and I know this going to be hard at first, is a clean break and let your emotions heal. After that time you will realize you are better off without her. But dude seriously the note and going to her family, you need to chill that is going to turn any woman off. Women don't like desperation at all.