Guys: would you date a girl that's a tomboy?

I don't mean like rough chicks lol

I mean the kind of girl who prefers jeans and a tshirt over a dress, playing video games over watching Basketball Wives, going to see a horror movie over going shopping. A girl that doesn't gossip and comes drama free. The type of girl that doesn't freak over a broken nail and is not afraid to get dirty. Could you see yourself in a relationship with that type of girl?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I could but I do want her to still be a little girlie.But that kind of girl is awesome if she'd play video games and stuff.

What Guys Said 23

• Sure, I've done it before, several times. The girl I'm seeing now, is a little bit in between girly, and tomboyish.

She's really pretty, she's incredibly feminine, but she also sometimes likes to dress in jeans and t-shirts, or something similar. Other times she likes to dress way up and look glamorous. She watches girlie shows, and chick flicks, but frequently kicks back with me to watch Doctor Who, and a lot of times even says she wants to watch something with explosions and people getting shot. She's also a total nerd, even if you'd never guess by looking at her. She's kinda awesome. Also, seeing as she was willing to stay at my place for days at a time, during my more foul bachelor frog days, I think it's a testament that she's not afraid of getting dirty. lol (Though, I am mostly joking. I wasn't usually that bad with my place.)

As for your description though, I don't think that that many non-tomboys are all that gossipy, or full of drama. I've dated a few of those as well. Really if the girl I'm dating is a bitch, or a dramaqueen, or if she talks about people behind backs, I'm not likely to stay with her for very long, tomboy or girlygirl. And really, I don't much care about what kind of style somebody is, or how pretty they are. I don't even care much about looks. What I care about is whether she can get along with me, whether we mesh as a couple, whether she's a good person, and whether or not she's dramatic or high maintenance. Those are generally the things that matter to me.

Still, the short answer to your question is, yes, I can see myself with the kind of girl you describe.

I've done it before.

I'm doing it now.

I'll do it again, if (god forbid) this relationship crumbles.

• Provided that this kind of girl knows how to dress up WHEN THE OCCASION CALLS FOR IT, then, sure, this is actually the type of girl most guys prefer. She's not going to whine about him watching sports (or being taken to a game), she's less likely to be offended by sometimes crude "male" humor, and she's much easier for a guy to live with on a daily basis.

A girl can still be feminine and be everything you mentioned (you don't have to look like a butch lesbian to be comfortable), and that's plenty for most guys. Don't get me wrong, there ARE guys who only want the girlie girls, but there is definitely no shortage of guys who like girls like you describe.

• absolutely. although I hate basketball wives, but I don't expect to like all the same things as a gf

• Sounds like the most awesome girl ever! No really, there is something really cool about a girl who us guys are able to properly understand! :)

• in all honesty that's what I like most, because they can as you say play video games. are a little tougher, and most of yall like rough sex,

• totally I want a girl like that

• I love tomboys and have to say I would jump on you in a second if you or any tomboy asked me out.

• Omg 110% yes I prefer these girls

• I think that would be a lot of guys dream girl.

• That's usually the kind of girl I date, minus the video games.

• Hell.

Yes.

• If she looks good in the jeans, I say yeah.

As far as her not being afraid to get dirty, even I don't like to play in the mud or any girl that does that is a no no for me.

If you mean she's not afraid to do manly jobs like construction, for example, then yeah that's a plus for me too. That shows she's pulling her own weight and not being too spoil.

And having a woman who is drama free, is what every man in the world wants. To him that's like a wonderful dream coming true. LOL

• That's cool, makes it all the more special when she scrubs up. That's the minimum, as others have mentioned, sometimes jeans and a T just ain't suitable.

• No.

• I would and I have. I also like girlie girls. As long as a girl is interesting, has some feminine qualities, hygiene, beauty, class and enjoys my company then I may be interested in her. To be clear, I'm not into butch bitches.

• sure, why not.

• Of course . Having things in common with your girlfriend would be an advantage .

• Sure, why not?

• No

I would miss all the booty shorts and yoga pants.

• Yeah, sure. Infact I would LOVE to.

• The answer is yes because that's the kind of girl who's not only your girlfriend, but your best friend as well. Those kind of girls ain't easy to find.

• Masculine looks are bad. Masculine personality is bad.

I don't care if the girl has masculine hobbies.

As for clothes, it would be nice if she could dress up ina feminine way sometimes.

• That's okay. Except the thing about going to see movies, gossiping, broken nails, etc. Those have nothing to do with tomboyishness.

A girl that prefers horror movies, does not like shopping, does not gossip, does not create drama, does not freak over a broken nail, is not afraid to get dirty, etc. does not translate to a tomboy, by the way.

• How about tomboyish and ladylike? Is that possible?

What Girls Said 4

• Yeah I think most guys would, as long as she still maintains a certain amount of femininity. I'm the same way.

• But what is that certain amount of femininity? I'm pretty sure I have some degree of femininity lol.

• It's probably different for every guy, but I think as long as you don't wear manly or baggy clothes or talk like a thug that's good.

• Omg thank you for asking this

It gives me hope that a guy might actually go out with me someday

• tomboys are cute

• only a beta man would. hopeully you want an alpha male

• Only a beta bitch would insult anyone under anonymity. Also what kind of woman thinks she is an authority on male preferences?

• Only a f** would go for an alpha female