How many dates do you typically go on before you know you want to be exclusive?

I know this is probably different for everyone, and it probably depends on the person you're dating, but I was wondering what this number has been for you in the past.

I am going on a date with a guy this weekend and it will be our 3rd date in almost 3 weeks. We are going to a sporting event and we will be together all day. Are we getting to the point where we should be talking about being exclusive?

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends how long you've known the person previously. If you just met and then went on a date, it would obviously be longer than if you've known them for a while... I think it depends on a lot of things like how much time you spent together on those dates. A first date being just coffee is a lot different than a first date where you go for drinks and then go dancing and whatnot.

I think how intimate you guys get also makes a big difference. If you've had sex, I think it can make a big difference.

From past experiences, it really does vary and depends on so many things that you really can't pinpoint a certain time, but you should bring it up when you feel like he won't feel pressured into a relationship and are pretty sure he wants to be exclusive as well

What Guys Said 2

• After the third date

• A couple of months of dating is typical for me, as I prefer taking things slow.

What Girls Said 1

• If I didn't like him enough for a relationship I wouldn't go on more than three