Is the girl supposed to text the guy and thank him after a date?

he texted me after the first date but not after the second, am I supposed to text him and thank him for the date?

so I ended up texting him and telling him I enjoyed my time :D and he replied

Most Helpful Guy

• There'd be nothing wrong with it, but you don't have to. I'm sure that everything's fine.

• I was looking forward for his text but he never did.

• unfortunately it's too late now, if I'm the one who was supposed to text I just missed my opportunity

• It's never too late. I had a girl wait three days once before she apologized for screwing up on our first date and thanking me for taking her out. If you don't want to do that, then just thank him the next time that you see him.

What Guys Said 2

• I feel if a girl had a good time and was interested in me she would text that. If she doesn't I feel like I still am not sure where I stand with her

• You don't *have* to, but honestly I think you *should* in this situation, since you are in doubt. It will be appreciated.

What Girls Said 3

• Supposed to? No. I think a genuine in-person thank you is suffice (you did thank him in person, right?), although it definitely wouldn’t hurt to say thanks again in a text. I'm sure it would make him smile and feel appreciated. You could just be like, “Thank you again for the date! I had a fun time :)”

• send him a cute text saying you had a great time with him. let him know you like him

• Yup!