So he gave me his number, but he never responded to my text

So I got this cute guy in my class number today, and I texted him after class saying it was me so he had my number BUT he hasn't responded and it has been the whole night. What's the deal, why give your number to someone if you're not interested in talking to them?

Most Helpful Girl

• Some people just don't like to text unless they actually have something to say, like if they want to make plans or meet up or something. I don't know. Or if you were the one who asked for his number, he may have just given it to you to not seem mean.

What Guys Said 1

• He likes you or he wouldn't have asked for it. There could be many different reasons as to why he hasn't called, none of which have anything to do with you. Have patience, and if you still like him when he eventually calls, then give him a chance.

• For instance, I talked to a girl that I had liked forever and finally got her number. I planed on calling her later that night, but while I was at work, I received a call from my parent who told me that my childhood dog died. So I had to drive an hour and half back to my parents to bury my dog and then an hour and half back home later that night. So, even though I really wanted to, I never got to make that call.

• I am sure you're right, there could be many reasons why he hasn't responded. He could have looked at it and forgot to respond, or he might be working. I guess I am just over thinking it cause of past bad experiences with guys who deliberately ignored me. I guess I'm just worried since we have class together that it might be awkward now..

• I understand. Just act normal. Try to act normal and show a little bit of interest, and don't bring up the text. Wait and see what he does.

What Girls Said 2

• he'll probably wait 2 or more days to call or text. I don't know why guys do that I'm guessing so they don't seem overeager

• he could be busy but whatever you do, don't double text him! it comes off as eager and clingy.