Am I undesirable person to date based on my current status?

I’m currently a 27 year old senior at a university with two semesters left including this current term, and really excited about the big day next year because the effort I put into school and my mindset in general. However, out of my great accomplishments I never had gone on any dates or been in a relationship. My reason is because I currently live with one parent, do not own a car and work part-time and I don’t participate in the dating pool because of this. I don’t know what the outcome is because I never tried but I feel that I’m correct based off posts I have read on the web. I’m just curious and I also realize there are men are much worse off than me by doing nothing but just being at home and gaming all day. I'm just curious not that I would attempt asking anyone out anyways.

I always thought you need material things to have and keep a girl in your life such as car and lots and lots of money.

Most Helpful Guy

• I suppose that depends on the type of woman you prefer to date. The truth be told, there are a lot of guys out there that do not possess common dating tools; for example, personal transportation, reliable employment, sufficient capital and a place of their own, and yet actively date and pursue women. Some even marry in similar conditions, believe it or not.

Now, I know what you are thinking, but you are wrong, because some of the women these men happen to date are professional, good looking, and independent women, confusingly enough. But, when I think bout it more and more, perhaps it's not so confusing. You see, some women are more accepting of men being temporarily off course, as long the guy has ambition and potential and is actively pursuing his goals. That said, It's not always the women that carry baggage from prior relationships, or women with self esteem issues that go for these type of guys. It's a case by case basis.

Lastly, in circumstances like this, I think guys need to rely on attributes other than their finances, obviously. They also need to be confident in projecting their self-worth and value to women. It's simply having the confidence to feel that you can be accepted by someone no matter what.

Nope, you are not undesirable.

What Girls Said 2

• First off: You do not need material things to have and keep a girl in your life. You do need to understand that past a certain age, the age of 25 or so, many women are looking for a life partner and with that comes financial stability. Yes, some women are spoiled brats and they want to be taken care of without bringing very much to the table. But even more independent women, such as myself, who enjoy working hard to make their own money want a man who has the means to be a financially stable life partner. I want children one day and I want my children to be able to participate in clubs and activities, I want to know there's plenty of money to give them here and there to go out to the movies or to a football game, I want to be able to splurge making them feel special on Christmas and Bdays. Not only that, but I want to continue saving for my retirement fund and occasionally traveling. All of that would be unrealistic if I am pulling the financial weight of a grown ass man. Many women feel this way; it's not about being a gold digger; it's about being realistic about the fact that life is expensive and struggling financially is painfully disappointing.

With that said, what's the real reason you haven't gone on any dates? Were you too busy? Were you shy? Were you not confident enough to be daring and take a risk? Too afraid of rejection? What is the true source? Be honest.

You can't develop an accurate, complete perception on women and the dating world via collecting shared info online.

• Some girls might be shallow enough to care about not having a car and living with your parent but most won't care one bit and will like you for much more important things like personality.

What Guys Said 5

• They're wrong. The truth is, if you're cute, or have a personality, or have accomplished a lot, then girls (and hell guys for that matter) don't give a damn where you live.

• Well to be honest you should probably be living by yourself by this age and have a car. However I do not know your past circumstances and as to why you are getting a degree this late. At the end of the day it is great that you will have a degree then you can get a good paying job, move out and have a car. Of course just doing this won't help you get a date but when you actually meet a girl you will be able to take her out and it will show that you are independent and succeeding in your life.

• I have a reason very long story it. I live in San Francisco car is virtually not needed, but I'm currently working on my license because I need it for other purposes.

• yes then the car should not be a big deal. of course having your own place will help in general. I would not view a car and your own place as being materialistic. now exotic car.lots of money. etc that would be materialistic in my opinion. also put your self out there to date. good luck and all the best

• So you read that you are undesirable on the internet but don't actually try to test this theory on real girls? And don't intend on asking anyone out, anyway?

• Well at least you are on the path to getting into your career

• You sound quite mature, and that is very attractive to girls. They are used to guys being immature and if you put yourself out there, you will probably have girls being quite friendly to you