Would you date someone you're not attracted to?

I met an amazing dude online (don't judge me) and we instantly hit it off. Everything about him is exactly what I find attractive in a man. We met once since he lives an hour away & that's when I realized that I'm not attracted to him at all.

I've cancelled ever since on meeting him. What do I do? Do I continue dating him and hope for the best or? It's bad enough that I never date older men. I'm 21 and he's 29. Thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• in ten years you will beg for a man like him. he probably treated you good and you had fun. you said you hit it off. I say go for chemistry and let attraction build...you can always not sleep with him for a long time if you wish...and see if he sticks around...I bet he does...

• Strange but this is probably the kind of answer I needed to reassure myself.

Thanks.

• Anytime. Look at my latest question and give me your thoughts. Good luck.

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 2

• If you're not attracted to him, better stop now. Otherwise you'll just keep liking him but not that way, and it will result in leading him on.

• How can you hit it off with him but then realize your not into him?Odd

What Girls Said 4

• I've found myself in similar situations, and it's so frustrating. Maybe you could think about which features of his that you do like. Maybe his eyes, his hair, his skin, whatever. Sometimes that can help me feel more attracted to someone who isn't very attractive initially, you know? But if you just can't get past his appearance, stop now. It would be really unfair to lead him on, even if you don't mean to.

• I remember years back women saw past looks, in the modern day its a shame. All they want is now male models with muscles and cash.

• I've only ever seen two people who were so physically unattractive to me that I couldn't have seen past their looks, and I have to wonder if part of it was because their personalities weren't all that great either. At that point, looks do matter, as far as having a romantic sort of relationship. If you don't want to be intimate with someone, you just don't.

• Is is just physical attraction that's missing, or is his personality different in person too? I would def stop if personalities didn't click.

• I've tried in the past and it did not work out.

I did the cliche thing and try to see past his looks and become attracted to his personality but I just couldn't do it. My mind refused to get intimate with him.

• No. If I don't feel attraction I stop.

Though sometimes you begin to find attractive what you thought you'd never be attracted to, due to time spent with them.. sounds oddly impossible.. but it's actually very possible! ...but if the attraction never gets there, I'd just move on.