Guys who are in college or 21 and up, what do you think of dating and college?

I am in college I'm on the older side. just seems like I have dated guys how don't take me serious because I am in college. So for guy who are in college or in their 30s what you all think of dating someone in college? Would you take them as serious as someone who has a job?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm 24 and studying at University so I'm surrounded by people who are (sad as it is) younger than me. My last girlfriend, for example, was 18. To a lot of girls who are 18, 24 is a bit old -- if they're dating me they'd say they're dating an "older guy" -- which is an odd feeling for me as I'd never thought of myself like that. So I find myself between younger girls who are looking for someone 18-21 and women my own age who are working full time and/or working multiple part-time jobs.

Obviously I gravitate towards the younger ones with similar schedules to my own, but there's the beginning of a generational gap there. A lot happens in 6 years; when I was graduating high school, they were beginning or in the midst of middle school. On the flip side of that, the older female college students (my age or a few years older) tend to have kids or want them; there are a fair number of single mothers who are looking for a "stable" guy.

So if you're a student at University and between 25-29, even if I show interest in you it'll be with some amount of trepidation. I'll think that, if we become involved, you'll want to ramp things up faster as you sense the ticking of your biological clock. I haven't seen what you mention -- guys refusing to take you seriously -- rather it's the opposite... "older" women wanting to be too serious too quickly.

Basically: I don't have a problem taking a college student seriously, no matter their age. The issue is when they forget that they're in college and think they're ready to start a family... and I'm feelin' a bit like "Whoa. Let's at least wait for the 2nd date." I've had women refuse to date me because I've had a vasectomy -- they're already planning that far ahead. "Nope, not even going to look at that guy, he's not willing to fill me up with babies!" Ignoring the moment that there are alternative ways to start a family, older college girls seem like they're basically shopping for a husband.

What Guys Said 4

• Most women in college are dating older guys! But no, the guys are just taking advantage of them in most cases; a lot of 'date rape' in these relationships! A lot of my friends have these very short term 'relationships' with college girls, often quite traumatic since the girls hate being used, and the guys are only interested in using them.

• i'm 25, almost 26 and I'm planning to go back to college, school next Spring, I've been feeling kind of stressed and under pressure in my mind lately and filled with regret for not wanting to know what I wanted to do earlier and not having my life together yet or just not near having it yet and still living at home, but I do have a job although it's a minimum-wage job I work like 31 or 32 hours a week, I've been in community college before, luckily I received a bit of a relief when I contacted my local community college and I asked them do transferable credits expire after a certain amount of time after passing/completed those courses? and they said to me no that they don't expire, so I have completed some college courses already just not enough to transfer, so that's a bit of a relief for me lately but at the same time, I'm scared and worried that I have just set myself back years with attracting girls, getting a girlfriend

• I think your just having some really bad luck with men. Usually in college relationships start to become serious, its when your considered 'mature' and independent, so I don't see why they aren't taking you seriously. My advice is to find a nice boy, your age in your own college, one that you know will treat you right. Good luck!

• Most women I have meet in college aren't looking for a serious relationship. They are into there studys and don't want to spend the time on a relationship, there are a few exceptions to this but this is mainly what I have seen.

What Girls Said 0