Best ice breakers for online dating?

So what are the best ice breakers you've used in online dating sites when trying to get to know someone interesting.

I try to give a short compliment, comment about something in their profile, and close with an open ended question in hopes for a response, but so far I have not had good results.

What has worked for you? Provide example of short ice breaker.

Most Helpful Guy

• I never mention her physical appearance I figure the girl assumes I find her attractive if I send her a message. Just say something like, hello I wanted to introduce myself my name is ____ I read your profile and I couldn't help but notice you enjoy ____ I also enjoy it as well. Anyways you seem like a very interesting person to me and I would enjoy getting to know you better, if you are interestead feel free to write me back.

That actually has gotten about 3/4 of women I have contacted to message me back

• That is a really nice example. thank you

• Thanks, I find it is friendly enough and informative that I took the time to read her profile and I sent a message without sounding like a perv lol

What Girls Said 1

• Just make it personal, and tell the girl what you like about her (obviously you like something about her, because you're sending her a message). My most successful ice breaker on online dating was probably "Hey I like your hair... it looks soft and I really wanna pet it." Something along those lines.

I wouldn't say something quite so physical all the time, but it happened to work for me that time. I really do have a thing for soft hair on guys haha, so that was genuinely what I noticed the most about him.

What Guys Said 2

• First off, good luck.

Secondly, pick something that stands out about her (avoid body, but hair, eyes, or smile will work). Then tell her you like that.

• Hey, you look real-e-nice. Get it?