Texting before a date?

I met a girl over the weekend and we're planning on going out later this week. We've already set the date and time so now there's a bit of a wait.

So my question is (and I'm particularly interested in hearing from women here), Should I text her between now and then or just wait until the date? I'm admittedly not always great at texting and it would be nice to leave some things to talk about on the date but I don't want to seem disinterested in the mean time.

Thoughts?

It's interesting how different the responses are from one sex to the other. I decided to take the girls' advice and shoot her a quick "how's it going." It turned into a slightly longer conversation than I was anticipating but it seemed like she appreciated the contact so I think it was a good choice.

Thanks everyone.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 5

What Guys Said 4

• Selected as most helpful

I don't think that it would hurt to text "JUST A LITTLE" like, "(1)how's your week so far? (2)what are your plans for today after work...(3).or even tell her what you have on your agenda, then end it there.."Maybe, if you are comfortable with her observing your sense of humor (w/o turning her off) say a one line joke.. (optional) I would definitely leave most of the conversation for the date. If a guy asked me out on a date, and I haven't heard from him until the date ( a week or longer), then yes, I would start wondering.

• Don't text too much...try calling her a few times as well

• Yes! We love to hear from our dates before the actual date- it lets us know you are thinking about us. Now, as with everything, the key is moderation. But a nice, "I am really looking forward to our date," is always nice to hear. Keep the text simple, short and sweet. Have fun!

• By all means text her at some point I between if there's still days until your date.

Midweek or halfway to your date text her and ask her her week is going. You don't have to text for hours or anything but something simple is nice. You can end the conversation by saying looking forward to *day of the date* it should be nice. Keep it short and simple.

Personally I would like that, it would make me feel good that the guy is thinking of me but he's not stalking me and leaving things to talk about on the date.

• I would love to hear from the man especially if the date is set (whether details have been discussed or not), women love attention. I would also love to know that the guy is interested in me, because otherwise it might look like he's just around to eventually get sex right? we don't like to feel like objects, and it's OK to show that you're thinking about her, if you really are.

• Millions of people have had relationships before texting was invented. Why do you, or anyone else let it control their lives now? So what if she thinks you seem disinterested...big deal. It won't kill her.

• @ update. You'll have to learn it the hard way now. Relationship death by text. I can tell you're the type who will rationalize any behavior from a woman so that it looks positive in your eyes. Women told you what they would want, which contradicts what attracts them. You are completely lost...very very sad.

• umm when your first seeing a girl you don't want to seem too interested or else she will think you are desperate, remember less is more take it slow their is no rush

If you are going to text her say something along the lines of this example your going out Saturday night

Hey ______ holy crap this week totally flew by are we still on for tonight?

• Just text to set up the date and text to confirm.

Just let her build up anticipation for the date and don't give too much away in between. Give her an incentive to go on the date to see what's up. You can always text her the day after.

• You don't want to come across as too needy though. if you text her a lot before the date, it shows you're too eager and that will make her less attracted to you. Just food for thought