How to let someone down easy on a dating site?

I'm on a dating site and this guy keeps asking me to meet up. But I don't want to, we barely talk and I don't really feel like talking to him a lot. I don't want to come off as a bitch so I want to make the letdown a bit easy, any ideas?

Most Helpful Guy

• just explain that you don't feel chemistry with the guy. tell him you don't want to lead him on and that you just don't feel a connection. being honest helps and saying you don't feel a connection is a nice vague term that could really mean a lot of things (e.g. personality or physically not attracted, different goals, values, etc)

What Guys Said 2

• Say this.

I have had a nice time getting to know you but to be honest I am looking for someone else.

• There's no way to reject someone without them being upset.

• I know there's a possibility of him being upset, I just don't wanna come off as a bitch...

• dont worry what you come off as. focus on what you ARE. do what YOU feel is best. but keep in mind, lots of people are self-entitled wusses. if someone thinks you're a bitch for saying they're personally not interested in dating them, then is their opinion even valid?

What Girls Said 4

• You can say you're flattered but not interested, that you are taking interest in someone else and maybe he can do the same.

Remember, you are not breaking up with him (you guys are not even together), you just want to date other people and maybe he should too. What I usually do is block them is they don't get the hint that I'm really not interested.

• "Hey there, it's been nice chatting with you but I'm just not feeling a connection. Good luck and take care. :)"

• just tell him your busy, that's what guys do to me anyway. Last guy I wanted to see off a dating site, we'd be texting for so long (months) told me he couldn't do such and such a day because he had to do readings for school that day. And then still denied that he didn't want to hang out after I called him on it, he asked me why I thought he thought I didn't want to hang out.

• Deactivate the dating profile and make a new one.