Girls, How important is a guys wardrobe when deciding to date him?

Ladies,

Ok I recently lost a lot of weight and I'm being checked out by women more and more( ,could be my imagination tho).Anyways, I'm just sweat pants and sneaker type of guy,i wanna upgrade my wardrobe(bought loads from H&M,for21etc) but I don't wanna come off as someone who is young minded, splurges on clothes and has no substance, especially as a person in my late 20s.

0|0
6|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Really important. I would rather be seen with a guy who splurges on clothes (extreme example) than a fuddy duddy looking guy with no swag who looks like he hasn't been shopping since Bush was in office. It's better to err on the side of stylish than not. You don't have to wear Italian suits, just wear things that are cool, popular and name brand.

2|2
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• buy some some nice smart collared shirts, some black shoes, black trousers, a smart but versatile coat that also looks trendy, lumberjack style check shirts always look great

i wouldn't say its a top priority for me as along as he makes an effort to fit the occasion (no sweat pants to a restaurant or a suit to a picnic) and he has a range of clothes instead of one set style.

1|1
    0|0
  • I personally like polos and khakis, with brogues and a nice belt... Something effortless but classy. So if I called them and asked if they'd meet some of my friends or what not they'd be ready. But I really like fashion, so I'd go with wardrobe. My favorite man store is the girl version of mine (topshop) its called topman.

0|0
    0|0
  • not important but certain pieces can impress me like classic sweaters and shirts

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as he dressed right for the right occasion It isn't a factor at all what's in his wardrobe.

0|0
    0|0
  • very important I used to date a slob that would go out with stains on his shirt!

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• Might want to look into Men's Wearhouse if you haven't already :-)

0|0
    0|0