What do you guys think of dating sites

What do you guys think of online dating ?

Like dating websites

What kind of people are mostly on there ?

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on what you are looking for. I've had my share and nothing fulfilling came out of it. One guy was looking for the exact type of relationship I was, but he was so into himself, talked about himself, bragged on himself, and talked about his recent exes on our first date. The others, no connection, yet we stayed in contact for a short period of time, then they disappeared. The very last one, who I really liked, basically uses online dating as a source to have one night stands because he is ridiculously busy. That's just my experience, yours might be different. Oh one more thing I would like to add, beware of the guys that ask you for your number because once when you deactivate your account, the ones who chose not to call when YOU GAVE them your number, when all of a sudden reappear and say, hey remember me?... (4 months later)... They will ask for it, hold on to it, NOT use it for 3-7 months, until you cancel your membership.. So stupid...

Bottom line is know what you want, make your profile easy to read, clear, be honest about yourself and ask for it in return.

After 9 months, I said, hmmmm enough is enough.. lol..

What Guys Said 10

• I don't see any harm in having a profile up, but basically I'll split it up.

Guys have to deal with sending out message after message to girls who are either way too picky, or not actually interested in meeting anyone. The women also get way too scared to meet anyone just because of a date gone bad. I've met quite some women over the years. There's all types out there. The other issue guys get to see firsthand how superficial some girls are(by simply reading their profile right there). They judge guys based on what they have and not who they are. Biggest problem for guys is that a lot of girls waste guys' time because they made a profile just to chat like it's another Facebook and not meet anyone. The girls who do this then get addicted to the attention and get an inflated sense of who they are because guys keep messaging them feeding their egos.

Girls have to deal with getting an overwhelming amount of messages if they look somewhat decent. Thing is, a lot of guys are just looking to hook up. They also get stuck on dates with guys who can be way too aggressive. Honestly, the girls have it so much better because they have so many guys to choose from. The main thing that ruins their experience is their own fear. The fat girls have it the worst. They don't get as many messages and a lot of them try to get away with having face only photos.

• I've had very good experiences with it. But I also never meet women right off the bat, and I only date women that I share common interests with (this way, even if the date is a flop it's not totally awkward).

As for the kinds of people on there, I think it's pretty similar to what you'll find in the real world:

-There's some crazies,

-There's some "normal" people,

-There's some people you'll be interested in that won't be into you,

-There's some people that'll be into you that you're not interested in,

-And once in a blue moon you just might find someone that you actually click with.

• A ton of people you can't trust on there, a ton of people who think there better than you and then a few who are serious. I have been out with 4 women from dating sites recently a couple of them are nothing like they were online, one said she wasn't interestead after the first date and the last one we went out a couple times and she invited me to her dorm (yes a college girl) I didn't do anything with/to her and then she told me the next day she had a boyfriend and we never spoke since.

• They are not as reliable as they used to be.

• My impression is that they're generally very picky people, often completely oblivious to the fact that their pickiness is what keeps them single.

• No idea. I don't see any reason to use them, but I guess they work for some people.

• i wouldn't bother, I tried many times. there useless if you know what you are looking forward?

• A variety of everyone are on dating websites.

I just hate the fact--you can't be around the person, like in real life. You "message" and then "text" and then maybe have an awkward first date and hope the person looks like the picture. Meeting people in real life is so much more real.

• Totally! When you actually meet someone in real life, you can joke with them, put some chemistry in, see what their "rhythm" is, etc. So WAY better to meet in real life than some awkward online thing.

• They are a numbers game and a waste of my time. 100's of men, to every woman. Women get swamped with messages so rarely reply to the bulk of them.

They are obviously good for women and good for their ego. Lousy for men though.

• Yeah they're great if you can't pickup girls in person and want to deal with shallow people who judge if they want to date you or not by your pictures. I mean I can't imagine that would make anyones self-esteem and lack of confidence better.

What Girls Said 3

• 90% of people are either crazy, or just looking to hook up. I met my boyfriend on there, a year and a half later we are living together in a house we bought together. either we are the 10% or we fall into the crazy category haha. I just made up those percentages by the way. But really, we are happy and I don't regret a thing. a lot of people on there are jerks though.

• Umm okay.. good for u.

Why would you judge "90%" of the people on there if you fond your man

From there

• wow, easy there. you didn't get that the % thing was just a joke? like I said, there are a lot of jerks, people looking to just hook up. if you're willing to weed through the bad ones, there are good people out there.

• Okay now you said it much better ;)

• I think they're fine. There's just a lot of "weeding" to do. Like getting through all the creeps to find the people who you can really connect with.

• I have met A LOT of jerks on there. Most want a hook up and the guys I thought were nice once I meet them in person they acted like horrible jerks and rejected me. If you want you can read the question in the flirting section titled "how to get over yet another guy that hurt me?" sums up my experience :)