How would you feel if your date showed up at a first date wearing a formal suit/dress?

AND you are just at a coffee shop or diner?

How would you feel?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd feel under dressed.

a few wks ago I wemt out with a guy I've been seeing...I wore a skirt amd nice top and flat shoes.

Him? He showed up in jeans and a t-shirt.

Seriously?

It wasn't an upscale restaurant,but still!

i went out with someone recently and again,a casual restaurant. He wore a button down shirt and jeans. Me-jeans and a t-shirt ONLY because I thought we ere just hanging out as he had invited me over.

What Girls Said 2

• i would think he was a business man stopping in after coming straight from work or he really liked me and made a huge effort (which I would find really cute and nice)

• if I'm dressed very casual I would feel embarrassed that I didn't step it up.. If I was dressed nice I would like him to be too.

What Guys Said 4

• Dressing inappropriately for your environment makes you look like you're wearing a costume.

• Evening gowns for women aren't really meant for that type of thing. People would probably just think she came from prom or something. Same with suit and tie for men. It's just too much. Semi-formal or semi casual is right for a "coffee" date

• I would act like I didn't know them.

• Are you going to take her out for tea and crumpets good chap?