How long should you wait before texting a girl?

Some say right away some say three days some say a week some say 9 days.

I think later at some point that day e.g if you got her number in the morning then text her in the evening..

what do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• Do it when it feels natural : )

When I was single, if a guy got my number and waited more than three days to text me; I'd think he wasn't all that interested. Now, maybe that's just me and because through my dating experience that's what I learned. I don't think it makes a guy look desperate or anything negative; I think it's a bold, subliminal way of saying "I'm interested." I remember one guy that I met at a blue party for a DJ. *Everything was blue: blue lights, blue balloons, blue party favors, blue seats, everyone wore blue.* We had one dance and for the rest of the night, we couldn't stay away from each other. At some point, he got my number. I ended up having to leave because my ride was leaving. He texted me within an hour after I left and that gave me the biggest grin lol It was something along the lines of "Thanks for showing me a good time tonight! Get home safely" or something like that; very brief yet with a warm tone. Then he texted me the next morning; I can't remember what he said but I know it left a good, fuzzy feeling lol. Anyway, that was a positive thing because it kept the connection fresh. Sometimes if you meet someone somewhere and wait too long, that initial connection may get stale. But if you do it earlier, it reinforces how attracted you are to that person's energy and personality.

So yeah, I agree with you! No waiting games: it's silly and it could backfire if the girl has options. Especially for many females who are self-concious and insecure or may not get approached very often; they may think that you just wanted their number just for the sake of proving to yourself you could get a girl's number but you're don't really have a genuine interest.

What Girls Said 2

• Whenever you want, really! I really hate these waiting rules. It's just time wasted when you really think about it lol

• I expect a guy to text me within 24 hours. Waiting games are stupid.

What Guys Said 4

• Just some time the next day or the evening like you said, is fine.

I am assuming you like her. So, just text her when you want to, which is probably sooner than later.

Some guys claim you have to wait 3 days (or more) or else you will seem "over-eager". That is a myth and BS too. The girl whose number you got is doing other stuff beside waiting on your text. After 3 days (after a week for sure) she will not really think about you and lose any excitement.

So, do your thing! Congrats on getting her number ;)

• how did you meet this girl? is it someone you already knew?

9 days is way too long. if I were a girl I would think this guy is interested in and waited 9days? b.s. he can f*ck off.

• we already know each other

• Few hours later, don't wait too much

• Text her today, but do so to set up and convey the details of a date. Don't make the mistake of revealing more information about yourself than is needed by engaging in extensive texting sessions. In other words, leave something to the imagination. Less is more Give her incentive to want to go out on a date to learn about what makes you, you.

• ok thanks. what about complimenting her?

• Do not do it over text. Wait until the date to compliment her, even then, do it once or twice at the most and leave at that until the next date. Remember, you want her to wonder about you, which is a good thing. If she likes you and wonders about you, then, she'll out equal or effort in trying to impress you as well.

• ok cheers