Is he a player or am I overreacting?

I guess you could say we are in the early stages of dating.. When we text it's a lot of stuff you would say in a relationship about cuddling kissing etc... We've both admitted out attraction to each other but haven't spent a lot of time together since we live in two different cities. I suspected he was talking to other girls but he made messages more personal too when he would say my name in a text and he said a lot about how I'm not like most girls he has dated. We haven't had sex yet at least, but he said something today claiming it as a reference to when we talked the day before but I never said it and he had a vague response when I said I don't recall that... The thing is I really really do like him and of course he had the right to talk to other girls since were not exclusive but am I overreacting and just being jealous? I've only had one boyfriend who wasn't even serious and I'm afraid of getting hurt again and having competition it's the worst feeling and I am not a very confident person as is. What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• " competition " makes him rare and more valuable to you. Different cities is all too hard so go out more, meet new people and other guys, Mr right is out there and when you find him the other guy won't matter. Go get em Girl...xxxx

What Guys Said 1

• Is this your question? link

What Girls Said 1

• "he had the right to talk to other girls since were not exclusive"

I think if he was truly serious about you, he would care less about dating other girls. To me, this just goes to show he's keeping you on the backburner in case you agree to be a fling like any girl would be. I think you'd be wasting your time, trying to pursue him. Just my 2 cents.

• Well I've made it clear I'm not going to be which is one thing he always points out he likes about me because I'm not sleeping around. But I also am guilty of talking to other guys, although when I talk to him, I don't give them much effort or time.

• So he can fool around with other girls but you'd be turning him off because you talk to other guys? yeeaah right, sounds about fair.