What do you worry about the MOST before your first date?

So you are set up for a first date AND you know what you both look like, so consider that when you answer.

What do you worry about the most?

• Whether he/she will like me
  • What we will talk about
  • Whether they will cancel on me
  • Whether I will get stood up
  • Other (Say what it is)

Most Helpful Girl

• I always worry about my confidence.Usually I am very shy and quiet on the first date.I don't talk much though.I voted A.I can't stop thinking whether he will like me after he sees and talk to me face to face.

What Girls Said 23

• I am a very attractive woman, but I get very nervous sometimes.

I feel like , "I hope he likes me" or "I hope I am his type" feeling a lot.

• Whether I will get stood up. Especially since I arrive everywhere early, I'll be starting to panic by the actual meeting time. My mind goes into worst-case-scenarios pretty rapidly, which is funny because every first date I've been on has been relatively normal.

• I am always scared that I will scare the guy of lol I am very honest and I have no problem with saying exactly what's on my mind. Some people are very shy on first dates so I try to tone it down a bit lol but one the bright side,there won't be that awkward silence ^^

• there's no problem with being yourself, it's the right thing to do haha. But if you are afraid of your behavior, then it's not the first date when you should change yourself. Because then you are just misleading the other about your personality I think.

• The awkwardness! And making conversation. First dates are just hard that way.

• it's lame and generic, but conversation topics are so easy! Current events (NOT politics/religious current events of course. But maybe a big awards show or some change in the city), TV shows, music, movies, academics, hobbies, etc.

Man, I feel like making conversation with strangers now! You down?

• it's not boring or trite. If a girl watches Walking Dead, F yeah I wanna talk about last season, the characters, etc. If a girl is interested in metaphysics, F yeah I wanna talk about theoretical time travel. If a girl just saw some movie in the theatre, F yeah I want her opinion of it, see what she thought about X scene or the ending or character Y, etc.

I don't find it uninteresting at all. I like knowing what and how others think.

• and although it's taboo, I don't mind political/religious discussion on the early dates. As long as it's civil, diplomatic and more a discussion rather than debate/argument. But, yeah, it's usually not a good idea as they're such sensitive subjects and it's usually best to get to know someone's personality or character first, rather than their beliefs in certain subjects. A person may believe in X, but if they have Y personality, they could change or be tolerable, right?

• that we will have nothing to talk about and end up sitting in complete, awkward silence

• Generally I worry about my own behavior . I have social anxiety and I'm f*cking awkward at the best of times, so I just hope I'll be calm, natural and myself. I also kinda hope that we have good chemistry and it's not a sh*tty date lol.

• not connecting the way I would like to thus them not wanting a second date

• Will he or she like me? What do they think about what I'm wearing and my appearance? I hope were on the same level intellectually.

• E: all of the above.

• What we'll talk about or what we'll do. That doesn't go so well for me, especially if I already like the guy.

• what we will talk about

• i'm worried that my date will look at other girls cleavage and not mine.

• That we have nothing in common. Nothing to talk about. The guy is not my type at all.

• Honestly all of the above.

• The conversation, and the moment of awkward silence that could happen.

• if we have anything in common.

• I worry about whether they will like me, If I will get stood up or they cancel

• I tend to stammer a lot when nervous. And sweat. And laugh a lot while turning red. Its bad.

• Will he like what he sees. Will I be a good enough conversationalist.

• Whether he will like me...

• Will they think I am ugly, will they like my personality, will there be any awkward silences.

• All of the above, and what if he's really a jerk

• my first dates were usually very casual, every guy I dated we started out as friends. On dates I remember worrying about how I looked and if I was dressing like his type or if he liked my style. Personality wise I am usually pretty confident in myself, sometimes I would worry if his friends like me or if they thought I was a loser or annoying.

What Guys Said 16

• I've been stood up before. I had a date walk out on me the moment she met me. Zero fun, murder scenarios there. It's worse when in public, people look at you as if you deserved it or she was a bitch but you are still on the spotlight and can't get away fast enough. Zero fun. Zero. This was before cell phones, either she showed up or she didn't. No calls, no messages to the restaurant...nothing. But the walkout within 45 seconds of meeting is the worse.

I wonder if a man has ever done that to a woman...

• I used to worry they'd constantly be checking their stupid cell phone. I got in a big fight with one because I took it away from her and wouldn't return it until after the meal was over.

She never spoke to me again, but I have no regrets. She was shallower than the Platte River.

Not so wide, though.

• I actually don't mind the date so much. It's the stuff around the date. Do I call/text before before the date? Do I call/text after the date? How frequently should we talk between dates? Is this going anywhere? Do I even want it to go anywhere? At what point do we stop seeing other people? How does one approach the subject of a relationship (assuming you get that far)?

There's a weird balancing act early in the dating process. Everyone seems to think you're supposed to pretend you don't like each other. At the same time, everyone seems to worry about whether on not the other person likes them. Finding the right balance of seeming interested without seeming clingy is what I worry about (and it's different for everybody). The date is the easy part.

• I voted E. None of the first four options bother me, to be honest.

A: If she likes me, great! If not, that's cool too.

B: I always feel good about how the conversation will go. We usually chat before meeting so common interests are known beforehand, so it's not difficult.

C: If she cancels on me I'll give her one more chance. Stuff happens and sometimes people need to postpone; I get that.

D: If she stands me up then she wasn't worth my time and effort anyway, so no big loss.

E: Here's my "Other": I wonder if she's gonna be who she said she was, and I wonder if she's gonna look similar to how she looked in her pictures (or even be the same person!). Basically, I'm just hoping I won't get catfished.

• aren't C and D the same thing...? Or is "stood up" on the spot, rather than a phone call/text? yeah, that's the case, right?

Anyway, I guess I'd vote C or D, but that never really crosses my mind, I assume if a girl says yes to me, she'll go through with it. Every girl has in my experience. And it's definitely not A or B. =D

So I guess E... maybe something like some random episode of IBS? Or like if I'll start burping if we're at dinner or I start drinking carbonated drinks? Or if I take my shoes off when we're at my/her place and my feet stink...

• cancel means ahead of time. like they had second thougths about you or got the willy nillys and decided against meeting you.

stood up means you were set to meet, but they were a no show. no call neither. and perhaps even if you tried to contact them they ignore your calls or texts.

• right yeah, I figured it out! =D

• I'm just back from a first date this afternoon at a museum, and I doubt there will be a second one.

The date didn't go that well, because for some reason, whatever the conversation topic I tried to start, she was always coming back to talking about work, entrepreneurship, to a point I was starting to wonder why she had come.

So I would say, a bit of everything. This was an example of a date which went wrong, probably because there was no physical attraction (she was hot but not very interesting, and I am not that hot), no will to talk about different subjects, while mail exchanges were quite promising.

Better luck next time.

• Its usually multiple thoughts. But I think that will d person reciprocate that they like you or that you don't end up fumbling with words is the constant wory of anyone

• I'm always worried about sweating or stuttering. When I nervous I can sweat and stutter a lot and it makes me insecure at times.

• Having uncontrollable gas.

• I don't worry, I just try to have a good time and get to know her. If she likes what I like and we have some stuff in common, then maybe we can do it again. If not, no big deal. No pressure.

• Not getting an erection.

• Not to get a noticeable erection.

• You worry about not getting a noticeable erection? Interesting...

• Well, if a girl is hot I may get an erection. Don't you think it's a bit awkward if a girl will notice it on a first date?

• Awkward silence or that we doN't have too much in common topic.

• all the options you listed, but one in particular: seeing her as an emotionally turbulent person

• My biggest fear is not having something to talk about.

• How much I gotta pay.