How long do you usually wait to re-text someone?

If your crush/boyfriend/girlfriend doesn't text back for awhile how long do you take to re text them?

Most Helpful Guy

• Whenever I think to contact them next. If you sit around and plan out time periods of when you'll contact or not contact someone, you're forcing the situation way too much and playing silly games (as minor as they may seem).

If you have to tell yourself not to contact someone for a certain period of time in order to appear as a certain type of person (that is, not a needy person), then you aren't as independent as you need to be. Fill your life with things that you should be doing and want to be doing, so that you aren't sitting around waiting on someone else to fill that void.

What Guys Said 4

• Hard to say because I generally wouldn't have texted them in the first place. I would have called. I think that when you text someone you're basically saying "there is no urgency in what I have to say and you can reply whenever it's convenient for you." Could be in a few minutes, a few hours, or even a few days.

• If it is urgent, within an hour. If not, the next day.

• Are they busy?

• Well I texted him and he hasn't texted back for two hours, should I re text him asking what's up or just wait it out?

• 2 hours is plenty long if you were in the middle of a conversation. If you were not just do it whenever you get bored; odds are he just got sidetracked and never came back.

• Depends on if I'm in the middle of something.

What Girls Said 5

• I usually wait an hour or so. Every once in a while either his text doesn't go through or mine doesn't. Sometimes one of us forgets to hit the send button. Or if he's busy he usually replies after 30-40 minutes. If he doesn't reply after an hour, either the text didn't go through or he fell asleep.

• Honestly, it depends how close you two are. how often you guys text and what not. You obviously don't want to seem clingy and annoying, so you should probably give it time depending upon how often you text this person.

• I think it depends on how long they usually take to reply. Personally, my boyfriend consistently takes over an hour to reply to texts so I don't re-text him after an hour because he's just a really slow texter. If if its not anything urgent and I haven't heard from him in over 3 hours and he's not at work then I usually re-text because occasionally my messages don't go through and I want to make sure he got it. But if the person is a faster texter then maybe it would be sooner. Would also depend on the relationship you have with the person I think.

• If it's your boyfriend or girlfriend, there is already a commitment there so it doesn't matter how long you wait to text someone back. When my boyfriend texts me, I text him right back. I don't play games. A crush, well I would wait about 10 min or so and then if he replied right back then I would reply back as well. Also, texting is the norm mode of communication, but seriously, kids need to learn to talk on the phone to each other.

• I mean when you text them and they don't text back in an hour or two, how long should you wait to re-text them and ask what's going on?

• You should just call them. Don't text them again. If they don't answer or don't reply to your text and they really don't have a good excuse then dump them. Your boyfriend should reply to your text right after he reads it. Just talk to him about how it bothers you that he replies to your texts after an hour, etc. and if he is a good guy, he should listen.

• Depends. My boyfriend and I text back instantly. I don't play games or anything, so I just reply when I get a chance,really. :P