Would you date someone who smokes weed?

I've been out with this guys a few times, quite like him actually but according to himself he smokes "a couple of joints a week"

I think that's an awfull lot and I'm not sure it should bother me. In general it's not the smoking weed that bothers but what comes with it, like being irresponsible, slacking in school, sliding into harder drugs...

But he doesn't do anything like that. He's studying chem/bio, graduating next spring and is applying for med schools. He says he has been doing it for years and obviously not slipped into any addictions.

I don't know, usually I'd say good by if someone does drugs, but now I'm not sure. Is it so much different to drinking really?

Most Helpful Guy

• not everyone who smokes is a slacker, irresponsible, etc. some are some are not. like everything, in moderation weed isn't necessarily a bad thing.

i'd date him but I also don't have the negative bias you have appear to have. In your position you have to be open to the idea that like drinking alcohol or coffee or anything else marijuana in moderation can be OK IF you can't be open to that idea then dating him will present a problem as you will always be disappointed when he does smoke.

me personally would prefer a smoker to a drinker as long as they seemed to keep it together.

What Guys Said 2

• Yes, I would. Weed is in a lot of ways better for you than alcohol. The issue that you need to concern yourself with is that he's doing something illegal that could cause you trouble if you are stopped with him, he's in possession and you somehow get linked to it.

• As long as they use top shelf weed, sure, why not?

What Girls Said 4

• Most addicts are in denial that they are one, so I wouldn't take his word for it.

It may seem like he is doing good in life, but in all actuality when he is done with school or if he wants a real job he has to drop the habit.

Most real jobs do drug tests.

• Weed isn't a drug. Give it a few years and it will be legal.

Far more people than you would ever think are habitual stoners - probably a lot of the adults you know and respect too.

I smoke every day and I'm not lazy, a slacker, irresponsible or have any desire to do other drugs.

• Smoking weed at the end of a long day is like a glass of wine or a cold beer to most people. It's an easy way to relax and it can keep you from going crazy especially if he's doing a chem/bio degree!

• No.

Cigarettes maybe, but marijuana no. I don't want to be involved romantically with a man who does. If he did it in his past fine, but if he still recreational smokes weed than no.