Do guys like to test girls?

I feel like I am being tested or something? Like this guy I know will ask me out then back out. He'll make plans with me then just back out, and then he'll call or text me like nothing happened, and everythings cool. He always calls me and texts me. I never initiate anything with him. I rejected him a lot in the beginning, and it was only because I didn't know him well enough, well we went out with friends a couple of times and he would say how hot a girl is and such and he has such a bold personality, but yet he never went up to any of these girls he was talking about. He mentions girls to me all the time. But yet when I mention guys he gets all jealous. He questions my where abouts, and what I am doing all the time. He has been telling me he likes this girl, but yet he says to me "Let's do something! Text me later" I text him later and he is out with that girl and some friends, and completely ditches me but then calls me and texts me 2 days later like everythings cool.

I am confused? I don't know why he is doing this? My one friend said he thinks it's a get back game for me rejecting him so much in the beginning, but I don't know. Do you guys play head games like this? Is he playing games? What does this sound like to you and what should I do? Thank you! Best Answer! <3 one love

Most Helpful Guy

• Regarding his bold personality, I think it's a matter of how some with the loudest bark have the least amount of bite. He never makes moves because he's either not as interested as he claims, or he's scared. But still he talks a big talk. Just a theory.

About your main question: Some guys do play headgames. Some guys do test girls. Though I wouldn't consider what he's doing to you a test. I think it's more likely a headgame than anything else. Still, I can't say for sure, because I don't really know. It is possible (however improbable) that he is backing out for a good reason. Does he ever tell you why he backs out? Have you ever asked? If he does this again, I would advise asking. If you want to be extra bitchy, just make extra plans, for the time he set up, and inform him that you saw this coming.

Personally, though, I think that at the most you should give him one more chance and tell him that was his last chance. You're not putting up with this anymore, and that you're tired of the games, and even if there are no games, you're just tired of being stood up, and won't have it. Heck you could just skip it and the next time he asks you out, you can flatout refuse, and list the above as your reason why. But yeah, seriously, I personally think you should give him shit for this. What he's doing just isn't cool.

Best of luck.

(PS - I wouldn't advise putting a sideways heart in your messages. Things like that can actually disrupt the code on this site, and erase entire messages, such as questions, answers and comments. Fortunately, it looks like you lucked out this time. But just a tip.)

• Thank you so much for answering! I do appreciate it! My grandfather died recently and he texted me "Sorry about your pap" I said "Thanks! I am not doing too well though" He said "I'm sorry :( come hang out and chill" I said "Where are you? Is there alcohol?" He didn't respond for like 30 min and then he said "No.. I am in bed now, I have class tomorrow" And he did other things like similar to that where he'll invite me out then back out.

• Lol! I am very confused! But thanks guys! I appreciate your wisdom on this weird situation! I am I guess medicore, not exceptional...but I'm not gonna get into that, haha, but take care guys! Thanks for everyones answers! :)

• i think you're better than mediocre, but alright, we won't get into that.

What Guys Said 5

• You rejected him in the past when he truly cared about you, or so I am going to go with as that is my theory for this post. He liked you and you rejected him, probably harshly even if you didn't realize it. I know many guys who if they get rejected by a girl for something as dumb as "I don't know you well enough" they would literally wish to torture and kill her, but that is only if she has a dated others before and knew she was the type of whore who would date someone without really knowing them but then reject him for that reason. So it depends, if you rejected him but had been with others I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted your head mounted on his wall, or if you hadn't been with others but rejected him cruelly the same thing too, but not as extreme.

• I didn't date other guys, cause that is not what I am looking for right now. I just want friends right now, but I did reject him in a nice way. And if he hated me so much then why wouldn't he just stop talking to me? That's the thing even though I rejected him, he still talked to me, and initiates everything. I never once contacted him first, and yes I didn't know him well enough to date him. I am not going to blindly date someone! I need to get to know him first!

• Also people ere telling me bad things about him. They were saying he is a a**hole, and that he beat up his girlfriend once and got her into a hospital, etc. A lot of people were telling me he was a psycho and such, so of course I had to keep my guard up. I wanted to figure out for myself though if this all is true and if people were right but it seems now that I am finding out that people were speaking the truth. Thanks anyways for answering! But it's kinda brutal..lol!

• Sorry for that, I know my answer was brutal but if it wasn't you couldn't have really grasped it. Guys, and girls, can just take stuff the wrong way or interpret it differently. I hope everything works out with you.

• You are being tested. Men have a secret code that allows us to test your resilience; if it's too low you will not be able to raise our young so that we can produce "The One" who will destroy the gynocentric world we live in and finally give males back the power they lost so many years ago.

You must endure the test. Do not flee. We men, we have a network, and we know your name and what you do and how you failed in the past, the present, and can calculate with great accuracy your failure in the future. Just stand your ground and prepare yourself for the emotional hell that is "The Test".

• If he's a decent guy he wouldn't test a girl. Any half decent guy with half a brain in his head won't play mind games. He won't test a girl. If he's smart he wouldn't even play if the girl tried to test him. He'd just leave. No one is worth the games.

• The anonymous guy below me is right. You're pretty hot. You can do better.

• Yeah, you're right! A decent guy doesn't play games only immature douche bags lol! And I am not hot, but thank you, I appreciate the compliment! :-) Thanks for answering! Take care! :)

• Guys test girls, just like girls test guys...it's just a fact of life

• It's sort of like the sh*t tests that girls like to give guys.

The thing is, we guys are basically taught by girls and guys who get lots of girls, that when you mess with girls in the manner you described, they're less likely to friend zone you, and they basically like you more. Girls love drama, so when you provide drama and throw them off balance, they spend more time on you, get more invested, and don't get bored and tell you, "You're a really sweet guy, but I just want to be friends..."

• This is best answer right here.

• Three thumbs down from bitches that gripe about how "there's no nice guys left" because they got tired of banging thugs and bikers in restrooms, haha. And probably from a mangina as well.

• Two girls, maybe. I just think you sound like an idiot.

What Girls Said 1

• i think you are a second choice for him.