When do you know what you're supposed to do?

I've been dating this great guy for a few months (we are both 30 with no children). I realize this is a new relationship and we are taking it slow. I've been divorced for 3 years and have dated people on and off since then, nothing serious. He hasn't had a serious relationship in awhile either.

I have commitment issues and I don't want to f*** this up. 3 times now when things aren't perfect with us I immediately jump to the 'maybe we shouldn't be together'. I don't do it in a malicious way, I honestly think that at the time. He says I overreact and need to relax but I don't know how to turn my brain off.

Yesterday he told me to take a week and figure out what I want because he doesn't want me to be unhappy. He says he wants to be with me but he can't handle being pushed away either.

I know I'm terrified of being hurt again and want to push him away before he can reject me. Do other people deal with this? If so how do you deal with it? Any ideas what I should do or how I can change?

What Guys Said 1

• I mean he is being a gentleman, but that's only going to last so long if you keep playing games or being hesitant about relationships. Not all guys are the same.

What Girls Said 1

• i would just keep the relationship going rather than push him away becuase that will make you feel hurt too wouldn't it?