What do people who just started dating do? Coffee, movie, dinner, then what?

do you start hanging out at each others' place, or still go out on a weekly basis? isn't the purpose of dating to get to know each other?

Most Helpful Guy

• I generally go out to coffee, or lunch. Go for walks, and talk. Perhaps go to a games arcade, play skeeball to win her prizes, or something. Sounds juvenile, but it can be fun to just be silly like that. That's the kind of stuff I do first. Then, later on, maybe do things like dinner, movies (and I think movies are best when followed by dinners), going to museums. Later on maybe hanging out at each others places. That kind of stuff.

Yes, the point of dating is to get to know each other. Which is why I mentioned the things I did. Also why I always so strongly advise against movies as a first date, because in a movie, you can't really talk, so you can't really get to know one another. That's also why I suggest a dinner to follow a movie, so you can have a chance to talk, and if conversation slows down, you have the movie to fall back on for a while. I also suggest hanging out at each others places, generally after you've gotten to know the person you're seeing. You don't need to be exclusive.

But yeah, that's usually the stuff I do. Things that are fun, but also spend enough face time where you can talk and do stuff.

• I'm glad you brought up the exclusivity issue, do you think sex should happen early on, before exclusivity , we're talking about age 28-29?

• Any suggestions for things to do in winter? (a winter which is cold and no snow)

• If it's cold enough to freeze water, perhaps go ice skating. If not, then perhaps go to events around the city, or check out town markets. Maybe go shopping for Christmas, or thanksgiving. Perhaps you could just move your activities to indoor things. Heck, you can still go skating indoors.

What Guys Said 4

• You can do what ever you want. If you both love video games maybe spend the afternoon gaming together lol. If you want a more tradition date I would suggest going out to get something to eat and then a walk on the beach or through a park and talk and maybe hold hands with one another.

• Women don't mind as long as the man spends loads of money on them and pays for everything and asks for nothing.

• sex on the first date is OK, depends on your own values.

• You just have to see what happens. It depends on how well your relationship is with him.

What Girls Said 3

• For first dates, I like coffee and maybe a walk. I live in the city, so a walk in the park is nice. Lunch is also pretty common. I personally don't invite guys over my place unless I met them in person before and have been on a date with them once or twice. It's a big deal to get invited in my place :)

• when do you go to their place? how about exclusivity and sex?

• i would do the things I do normally but with him. anythign really.

• I would just go for a coffee or a walk in a park. I'm boring huh? I know...