Is there any point in online dating?

Hi, I've been on match and pof for 2 months and basically nothings working out for me. I don't have high standards and I play fair and email anyone that I think I could have a laugh with but I'm struggling to get any contact.

The thing is I meet new people as part of my job and although I'm far from a player I have no trouble flirting or getting a number, but put me behind a keyboard and its a different story.

is it easier to get a date on these sites if your a girl?

Does anyone else have this trouble?

Most Helpful Girl

• "I don't have very high standards" reads to me as "I don't really care who I date because I don't think I'm worth it" which is not a good sentiment to have.

• Hi, yeah I guess your right that's a bad sentiment to have for sure but I meant I'm not like most guys on dating sites where they only want a supermodel or someone really good looking. But your right its better to have standards than just going with someone just because you don't want to be alone

• Perhaps focus on realizing your worth before trying to date? It's not so much looks but you deserve someone who not only makes you happy, but is good for you. Until you KNOW this in your HEART dating will not be a fruitful experience. Good luck

• I think you've got a good point. Thanks

What Girls Said 4

• Why would you want someone from online if you can get someone in your RL? it's hard to trust people in real life as it is.

People are full sh*t online! a bunch of fakes and psychos. Skip it unless you're just looking for a fun chat or whatever. I see no point in it.

• My brother met his wife on Facebook... don't know how.. in his early 30's, and my sister went on a Japanese dating website, and met her husband on there. It took my sister probably a year before she started "dating" him, and then a year later they were married.

• maybe change your profile up. put a better picture and read the profiles of poplar people on there so you can see the style of their photos and everything

• I don't see the real point of online dating cos anyone can just make sh*t up or even lie.

• Yeah for sure, I think it's better to meet in real life.

• true!

What Guys Said 3

• Key thing is to have something in common. Most guys' mistakes are either messaging girls for sex, or going straight to romance with someone they never met.

Also, a good profile is critical. Photos are great but you need a detailed profile that is not too long and not too short.

Also, you don't want to be good at a keyboard. Use the site to get their phone number and move straight to that. Most girls just make profiles for attention. It's another Facebook for them except they get to be called pretty and all sorts of other emotional garbage. They get hooked on the fictional attention. There's a ton of fat girls deliberately taking face only angled shots so they can get emails and be called pretty when they really aren't.

Limit each person on the site to 3-5 messages and if they don't give you a number, write them off as another attention whore. Girls who need to email on the site all day are a waste of time. This has risen my amount of dates significantly and allowed me to meet real women who are mature and are looking for something real, not fictional.

• Clearly girls get more messages. My friend does online dating casually. He's a pretty good looking guy. It doesn't seem like he gets that many messages from girls, but I don't think he's putting out much effort. I would just keep trying. There could be various reasons girls aren't responding.

• Girls get a huge amount of messages. Unless you look like a model, you're not going to have an easy time.