What do you do when someone you know well doesn't text back?

When someone you know well doesn't reply back to your message do you call them out on it, or dismiss it?

• I text them over and over again until they reply
  • I call them
  • Assume they're busy
  • Hunt them down to remove their eyeballs and give them a real excuse to not reply to a text
  • Depends on how important the message is

Most Helpful Girl

• I have a friend that NEVER acknowledges any kind of communication from me unless we are face to face in person. It's extremely frustrating because he insists on hugs when we greet and part, and always wants to make sure I'm doing OK when we meet up. He's just a flake, and I've learned not to take it personally. I've started calling his Girlfriend "the secretary" because she always answers and will relay messages for me.

In addition to be really busy, and thus stressed all the time, he's got some social anxieties and prefers to read a person's face when he talks to them.

What Guys Said 5

• Assume they are busy at first and go on with my day... After a while I don't even care whether or not they exist. If they contact me, maybe I'll reply, maybe I won't but they've fallen into the acquaintance zone which comes with no loyalty and little to no trust or respect.

• I would assume there busy maybe message them some other time or give them more time to respond.

• Depends on how important it is and how often etc. They maybe somewhere they can't here the phone or they are sleeping etc. Often if I don't see a message until much later I won't reply as the person may be sleeping.

• I just assume they're busy and go on about my day.

• let it pass once. if it happens again, I stop texting them entirely

What Girls Said 7

• C - assume they're busy

then E - if it's nothing important I won't keep bothering them; if it is,

then B - I'll call them to see if I can get ahold of them

With people I know well I can usually guess why they haven't replied. I'll call if it's somewhat important or time-sensitive... otherwise I'll just let it go, maybe text them again later or just wait for them to get back to me.

• Depends on the message. If it's urgent I'll call or text again. If not, I won't bother cos I assume they're busy.

• Depends on how important it is and or how long it takes them to respond

• I either assume they are busy. After some time, I shoot them another text (maybe). If they don't answer then, I just don't text back.

• I call in a swat team, to see what's taking them so long.

• Depends on how impt it is. If it is urgent I would call them. Some of my friends are not responsive

• if it's someone who's not constantly by their phone or who isn't very good with phones (my parents), I won't really think much of it. if it's someone I know is GLUED to their phone, then I think it's rude and I just won't hit them up again until they do