The girl I like doesn't want to be my girlfriend and I don't know what to do.

I've liked this girl for a while , had some success in terms of getting to know her and hanging out as friends at some bars during the summer . but can't seem to get her to be my girlfriend , she doesn't seem to want to take thins further and I don't know what to do about this , I really like her and have strong feelings for her . I can't seem to really move on and date other people as I seem stuck on her and there may be no way to get girl I like to date me

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been there before. Before I ever dated my first girlfriend, I was in love with one girl for about five years. She was my best friend (she still is one of my best, but my ex is my number one now.). I thought she had feelings for me at first, but it became slightly more clear as time went on--still, that didn't diminish my feelings for her.

My advice to you, and the reason I told that story, is that you make it explicitly clear how you feel. Don't hint or suggest. Outright ask her if she's interested in you and would want to be anything more than just friends. It will let her know exactly how you feel and you'll finally have the answer you might need to move past her or, if things go as you would prefer, it might lead to an actual romantic relationship.

If you truly care for her though, the answer should make little difference in the long run. The way I've always figured it, it's better to have someone you care about in your life at least as a friend if nothing more, and that's unlikely to change if you just open up to her. Nothing to lose by asking one small question. :)

What Girls Said 2

• What yaddayaddayadda said, acceptance and moving on are your only option.

• if she doesn't want you then moving on is your only option. you can't change her opinion.

• I was finding it hard to move on when I still had feelings for her that was sort of the problem .

What Guys Said 4

• if you have explicitly stated how you feel and your desires then there really isn't much else to do but realize and accept that if she isn't interested then there may be good reason. you can obviously persist with your romantic gestures but understand that people aren't often convinced (and it's not a great sign if they need to be convinced)

• I've made it clear that I liked her , don't know if it was as clear that I wanted a relationship but I agree I can only persist so much , I guess I though she was interested but just annoyed at me but finding out maybe she's just not feeling it or she gradually lost interest that she had at start

• There's not much yu CAN do if someone doesn't want a relationship. Just be a good friend and see what develops with time. Maybe she requires a lot of time to trust someone.

In the meantime, don't get so obsessed with her that you stop living, stop seeing other people. She wouldn't expect you to drop all your other friends because of her.

• You can't force her to like you. You are going to have to start by admiting to yourself that she will never be your girlfriend.

• I don't disagree such an admission may be necessary with this girl , its just tough to admit things haven't worked out when you have feelings for and really like the girl

• I went through that before, if you want to move on the first step to doing so is admitting to yourself that what you want from her you will never get. It's like going through a break up.

• You go find a girl who does want to be your girlfriend. There is no other option.