Boyfriend hasn't texted me today? Worried?

I'm a junior and he's a senior in high school. We've been dating for about 5 weeks now. He's sweet and a gentleman. I'm his first girlfriend and worried he is just using me. He's the one who asked me out but I just over think...a lot. It's because I'm insecure and have a hard time believing someone actually LIKES me. I've dated people before but...they all just wanted a girlfriend, hated being alone. He usually always texts me first and I never do because I feel I will be annoying or clingy, that's just what I think. He's geeky and a gamer so sometimes when I ask him what he is doing, he says playing video games.

But usually he texts me while he plays his video games or before or after. I know he has a life too but I just over think that he either got bored of me, likes someone else, using me, feels sorry for me, mad at me, etc. We got new groups in class and I feel like he is going to stop liking me and start liking this girl in his group. I feel like he will get bored of me or Is just dating me because he is bored. I know I'm over thinking this WAY too much but I can't help it. I just want to calm down. I really like him and don't want to lose him. Help? Thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• Slow down a bit. Overthinking is the easiest way to bring a relationship to an end.

He's a guy, he needs his space. With unlimited texting being the number one way of communication right now, you two get to talk to each other 24/7, something he never had to deal with before you. Trust me, you don't want to be a burden, but if you get upset whenever he doesn't text back, it's being a burden, and is a quick way for him to start to lose interest. If you give him his space, you two will have more things to talk about when you do talk.

And girls always say a guy should always text them first, but sometimes the guy wants to be texted first so WE know that YOU care. You should go ahead and text him first sometimes, and if he doesn't respond, let him have his time. Now, if he goes a whole day without texting you, he's probably high with friends or just really busy. Doesn't always mean he's cheating. (not saying he does drugs, but this is something I did one time, and it didn't end out too well for me, my now ex was pissed).

Just give him his space, text him first, and don't over think.

What Guys Said 7

• I was in the situation you are in now, except I was the guy always asking if my girlfriend at the time was okay. I could never say anything to try to help her out because she would never tell me anything. When she did tell me stuff, she told me so much stuff and so much stuff ALL AT ONCE that I just didn't know how to handle it. If you tell him something, tell him one thing at a time. Don't rely on him to make you happy, as he'll get stressed out by it. Just take it slow, and if something is wrong, tell him the moment it's wrong. Don't wait around for him to ask, or else he'll feel as if you have an emotional barrier between you.

• using you for what? Sex? That's what the point of relationships are. You don't get into a relationship so you don't have sex.

• Armageddon has arrived...

• Cut him some slack, he has some personal matters to take care of and can't be with you every single day, for every hour and minute.

• give the boy some room

• Relax and do not push. You two are young and yes you both have a life. He will text you. If you are an animal lover please answer my question. Thank you link

• It really sounds like the bigger issue at hand is your self confidence and self esteem. I'd worry a lot more about fixing that part of your life than worrying about the boyfriend...it's way more important.

If you build a life you are happy with and are proud / confident of who you are, it will show and guys will be naturally drawn to that.

When you are insecure, it will pour over into your relationships like it sounds like now with you obsessing over the bad things that could happen and it will only hurt the relationship. I've been dating a girl recently and her insecurity is the biggest turnoff and the one reason why I think things won't work out.

What Girls Said 2

• why does he always have to ask,do you have that many problems? if someone kept asking I would get irritated,what is it the look on my face that makes you keep asking me what's wrong? TELL HIM EVERYTHING IS COOL AND You PROMISE TO TELL HIM IF ANYTHING IS WRONG AND HE DOESNT HAVE TO KEEP ASKING U

• the onlyu thing you can control is yourself,no matter what you say or do if he doesn't want to stick around nothing will change his mind,so just enjoy his company and leave your insecurities out of it,or you may just chase him off..he will call u