Are there rules in dating?

I'm pretty old. 25, never dated but I recently met this guy. Now I know I'm not in high school but when it comes to calling a guy I don't want to seem desperate. I seen the guy once and talked to him for less than a second. He called me the next day but I cut the convo short because I had just gotten off work, so I told him to call me tomorrow. The next day and no call. Because I wanted to talk I him I called him but he didn't answer. After a few hours he didn't even call back. Now I know sometimes phones act weird and sometimes it doesn't show on the other end of the phone. Anyway, I want to call him again (not today but maybe tomorrow) but I don't want to seem desperate. Should I let him make the next move or is That being a little childish? Should I just call him without any worries?

Most Helpful Guy

• well there's no absolute rules to dating but there are general guidelines that most people follow because it's how most people respond best to.

As a girl, I think if you call a guy it's fine but you shouldn't be the one who always has to call. If a guy is interested, he will message you / call you

What Guys Said 11

• Yeah call him again, and if need be, leave a message apologising for not being able to speak the other day, and that it would be nice to hear from him, then leave it all up to him. If he doesn't get in touch, then let that one go, he's obviously not ready to show you any effort, so his loss not yours,x

• Dating is full of oddball, outdated rules. If I were you, I'd be thankful I never went through that.

Don't start now. Instead, get together with a group of friends, and invite a couple of guys along, including this fellow, and see how he gets along with a variety of people in a natural situation, such as playing sports, hiking, or collecting signatures to have a constitutional convention.

But don't go on formal one-on-one dates, especially now that you are 25.

• Most people wait two or three days before returning a call, so wait two or three days to see if he calls you back. If he doesn't then call him and leave a voice message asking him to call you back. If he doesn't call in two or three days after you left the voice message, then he's probably not interested.

• Why wait, call, if he won't pick up, move on. You killing two birds with one stone. You know that he is not interested in you if he won't pick up and now you can move to other guys without anything holding you back.

• It depends how you cut the last conversation short if he was kind of in the middle of telling you all about himself so you could understand him he may be a little annoyed but he may be over that by after a day or so it should be OK to call him I would maybe not cut him short again communication is very important in the start and during a relationship being on the same level talking wise is important I try to make it 50/50 when talking to a lady because I don't want to talk too much also I want to know more about her. Everything should be OK. Call him.

• I feel bad now. I did cut the convo really short within only a minute of the call. And now that I think about it, after I told him to call me tomorrow, he asked repeated what I said and I replied with a yea. After not hearing anything I just hung up. I din teen say bye or talk to you later. Yikes! He probably thinks I'm rude maybe that's why he didn't answer my call.

• It's not desperation to call someone back after cutting a call short, it's common courtesy. As long as you call at a reasonable time of the day you'll be fine. Most guys are thrilled when a girl calls because it means they aren't playing silly games.

• I would advise to wait 2 days and try to call, if he won't pick up the phone or call back, then move on. its not a big deal. hang out with friends and people, go to the seminars, places where you can meet new people.

• your already made two attempts which is fine ,an interested guy will call back. wait

• if 25 is old, then I'm a back-up center for the LA Lakers...

25 for a woman is YOU JUST GOT GROWN...

and no, there are no rules in dating that you don't set down.

• Surprised to see a 25 year old girl who never dated. Call him a few after, make him want your call.

• I don't think its wrong for a girl to call a guy first, but really, your 25 and never had a boyfriend? just wondering because it seems there are more male late bloomers than female late bloomers

• I'm mixed. I kept traveling back and forth, living with my dad who is a Muslim. He's very religous and he doesn't believe in dating. I recently moved back to my hometown, and because I'm not really into the arranged marriage thing I'm trying dating..

• because I'm 25 and still single unfortuneately

What Girls Said 0