She takes forever to respond! So fustrating! Why?

Met this girl in school and been flirting with her for the past two weeks. Finally got her number and I texted her some of those "How was your day?" "What you up to?" "You looked good in tennis today :)" and I get responses between one to 4 hours later. It's kinda frustrating understanding what she thinks of me or why she takes forever to respond. Guys or girls, I would love feedback why this girl who's somewhat interested in me won't reply. Also, maybe some advice on how to get her to text me first or even minutes later! lol Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• Brevity in texting is like brevity in talk. Women like men who hold back, it makes them seem different, mysterious and therefore appealing. I am not saying go all-out "silent treatment," but don't engage in every impulse to text. Studies have shown over and over again that people get addicted to the pleasure-inducing response of the vibration or ding of the cell phone or constant updating on Facebook simply because it is rewarding to know that you are getting feedback. That is technology talking, not women. You are dealing with a woman, not with your phone. Say what you need and let her decide if it is important. If it isn't, more talking is not going to get you into her good graces. At best, you might get friend-zoned because you always want to talk. Be cool, wait your turn. If she isn't down with responding then stop texting and pursue other women. Nothing gets women going like competition. If she does start responding after a period of silence, then play the same game. It's easy, just flip it on them and they respond the same way: "Doesn't he like me? Aren't I sexy enough? Why doesn't he respond to my every beck and call?" It's a game, buddy. Learn to play and you will be a Jedi in no time.

• Love the way you worded that beezlebub. Thanks man, I think I have a better understanding of woman now and how to play the game in texting ha ha thanks again!

What Girls Said 2

• I like this guy too and I just keep starring at my phone until he responds and then I immediately respond too... I don't think she likes you. when a boy talks to me, that I don't like I sometimes don't answer or just give a stupid short answer and immediately turn off my phone. it just seems that she is doing the same.

just tell her that you like her or start a sexual conversation (that always grabs my attention... :p)

• No offense but while you may look at her in an interested/romantic way, she however may not! Your assuming that she's interested in you in the way you are with her. She could actually be seeing you as a friend so therefore doesn't feel the need to text you back right away. This is a mistake most guys make, they think just because they get talking to a girl and exchange phone numbers then they have something going on with them. But in reality they don't! Don't assume she's into you in the way your into her. I think you need to talk to her first in person to test the waters so to speak and not by communicating through all this texting malarchy!

• Hey, thanks for the feedback! yea I have to agree, I'm like the hopeless romantic and maybe she doesn't see me or us together like that. I think I made that mistake you just put out. thankyou!

What Guys Said 1

• It could be a million things, not all of which are bad. You should save the chit chat for dates.