How long can guys go without dating?

Just curious how long guys can go without dating.

For example, after stop dating a girl for a few weeks/ months, do you guys then have to start looking for a new date immediately? I'm only talking about dating, not relationship.

My friend told me that young guys always have to find some girls they can flirt with. Is that true?

Most Helpful Guy

• If they're inexperienced, I guess there's a psychological need to re-affirm to one's self that you're attractive and desirable to the opposite sex (assuming you're heterosexual).

If they're experienced, then that psychological need isn't there. You can literally just go about your life, jerk off, have your guy friends, and just enjoy your free time, mental tranquility, and extra money in your bank account. Not knocking my girlfriend, but if I was single, I would stay single. The government would have to PAY ME to be in a relationship. Oh wait! It already does! (MFJ taxpayer filing status) lol

• So would you say that a young guy who is obsessed with building muscles, has a lot of female friends and doesn't want to have a relationship belongs to the first category?

• That depends. You don't know everyone's story. That sounds like a Jersey Shore or Staten Island situation. Just because they don't have a girlfriend doesn't mean they're not having sex, or that they're sexually unsatisfied. Plus, building muscles and hanging out with a lot of girls isn't something guys do "for girls." Guys do that to compete and rank themselves among other guys. They want to feel more intimidating so they feel superior on some level compared to other guys.

What Guys Said 4

• I can go a long time and I'm sure many guys on the site can tell you the same. I take dates as they come along and since I work a lot, I don't meet many girls at all. The ones I do meet don't have their act together so I typically don't meet them. Last girl I talked on the phone with from match.com was not over her ex and immediately talking to me on the phone about how she's looking for a guy to move in with and such. Needless to say, I am not meeting her.

Actual dates vary though maybe a few months apart. I'm open to dating, but not very aggressive because so many girls in my area and totally messed up. They range anywhere from alcoholic/drug users, to single moms traumatized over being beaten up by a guy they are living with.

• It differs but older we get, the more we tend to calm down with our obsession with dating.

Young guys can move on faster because we don't emotionally invest ourselves into a girl unless we have a connection/relationship.

• Going 8 years, can probably go more.

• As long as we want, haha. ^^'

What Girls Said 1

• i don't think so. maybe a girl to hook up with.

• Haha true, I should have rephrased my question :D