How to cope with your best friend dating your ex boyfriend?

We dated for 9 months and I had strong feelings for him but it was a messy breakup...I don't have feelings for him and I already told her it was OK and I wanted her to be happy but I wouldn't know how I would feel when I saw them together. How do I deal with this?

Most Helpful Girl

• You made the mistake in saying it's okay :/

You can either try and slowly get used to it (trust me, it will take a while), or talk to her. Explain that you didn't realize how uncomfortable it will make you feel and that as much as you want her to be happy, you're afraid it will come between your relationship because you don't want to be around them. See how she responds and go from there. You're best off hitting it in the butt now rather than waiting until the relationship gets more serious.

• Thanks for BA. Hope it all goes well, it would suck to lose your best friend over this :(

What Guys Said 2

• he's breaking basically the number one rule of the bro code, and I'm sure she's doing the same with the girl code. doesn't sound like a very good best friend. I would re-evaluate why she's your "best" friend. if you can't come up with a good reason, drop her

• thanks I think I'll just slowly cut off contact with them both

• well, like I said, I wouldn't lose her, I would just ask yourself why she's your "best" friend...

• You're best friend put you in a bad situation. If you said it was OK for them to date you end up hurting yourself, if you say it's not OK then you look selfish. She should never have thought of dating your ex boyfriend.

What Girls Said 1

• I would not want to associate with either of them, out of all the guys in the world she picked our ex,sounds like a little competition thing going and she is secretly jealous of u