He was hot and now he's getting cold. I don't like this.

So there is this guy who is my neighbor in college dorms. Since the beginning of the year he's been saying hi it was normal because we were neighbors. A week ago my good friend and I saw him at this event and we kind of chilled with him. He told her he wanted to make me his girlfriend. He had my number before and we texted a few times. This week he has been texting me a lot just asking what I'm doing what I'm up to. I've been trying to play hard to get. He's been nice to be around. He helped me carry my groceries to my room this one time. I like him. He keeps making jokes about me having a boyfriend and I usually play along. yesterday we were texting and then he stopped answering. Today he came over randomly for like 10 mins, we talked and before he left he told me to hit him up. I wasn't going to because I thought he would make the move. When I saw he didn't I texted him asking wussup. He didn't write back. What do I do? Should I mention it if I see him next time? Do I do the same thing next time he texts me? Help.

Most Helpful Guy

• "I've been trying to play hard to get." That's why he went cold. Men respond to a woman playing hard to get by losing interest. We'll start out by playing hard to get back hoping that will get her to drop her games, but it usually only causes her to respond by playing hard to get even more, which makes us say f*** it and move on. Next time, don't play games.

What Guys Said 6

• he is giving you his version of '' hard to get '' . It is the game of who wants the other more. Personally I can understand that a girl could do this only a couple of times. But if she is going on with it then it is a turn off and a waste of my time. Remember that men have dignity.. even if you are hot.

• lol you're upset because he's giving you the same treatment as you did to him. It sounds like he's playing the game correct and being cold because you have been cold. The whole concept of playing hard to get is to actually let the person get you lol. Sounds like it's at the point where you have to engage him a bit now or he might just think you aren't interested and stop pursuing you to protect his ego. Just say like "hey I'm free on x night, you want to hang out?"

• You - "I'm going to play hard-to-get because I like him :D" (wtf)

Him - "Oh. Guess she's not interested." or "I see how it is."

You - "No, wait I want you! :("

*facepalm*

Fail.

• This exactly. Don't play hard to get, guys don't like to be messed around with.

• Switching cat and mouse roles. lol

Don't ever play hard to get anymore, it never works.

• Well I think you'uld ask what happend?

• Playing hard to get only works with dumb guys, or with guys that just going to play along with the games to play you at the end. That doesn't mean you throw yourself at a guy, but to put up silly barriers just makes the whole thing questionable.

What Girls Said 0