What to do after a rejected kiss from girlfriend?

I tried to kiss my girlfriend after about a month of dating and I got kinda rejected she cuddled with me afterward be we didn't talk much after that and then we left. Should I ask her about it tomorrow or should I just wait a little bit and try again.

This would be our first kiss and we have been together for just under a month.

• Wait then try again
  • Ask about it
  • Other
  • Results
Thanks for your input :)

Most Helpful Girl

• try again first, if the same response, ask her about it later on. Maybe she wants it to be extremely special, or maybe she rejected you the first time by accident? You won't know until you try again, it doesn't make sense to ask her first, just in case it was an accident; that would lead to a lot of unnecessary embarrassment and pressure for it to happen. Good Luck!

What Girls Said 16

• take a few calm breaths, by no means does this prove she doesn't like you. Maybe she's just not ready or it could be something else. If you feel comfortable enough, talk to her when the mood is right. And especially don't make it seem like she owes you a kiss because both of you need to enjoy it for it to be good. Just make sure you stress the point that you're just concerned for what's going on in her head, not just physical wants.

• Stole the words right outta my mouth. I second this.

• Ya, I mean I'm all for taking it slow because I want it to last I just didn't want to take it too slow if she was waiting for me to kiss her. I am a 2 year hard core friend zone survivor so I'm still insecure that she likes me sometimes so I just worry too much I think.

• well, she did agree to date you, so that's already a good thing. have a little more confidence :) that's a great sign trhat you really care about her. I guess it depends how she rejected you. Perhaps now that you've tried she'll be thinking about it and be prepared if you try again. good luck :)

• She's probably at a slower pace than you are.

She cuddled with you so she obviously likes you. She probably just chickened out or got nervous. Give it another week or so and then try again.

You could always ask her about it too. But you have to respect her answer and the conversation would be awkward lol

• Just talk to her about it! Sometimes discussing things like this can feel kind of awkward, especially when it comes to firsts - but it's also often the simplest way to figuring things out and moving forward. It might turn out that's she's nervous or shy about it, or maybe she's just not ready. Either way it can't hurt to ask.

• She may have just been scared and froze. If its the first time and you haven't been together long, I can see that. And you said she cuddled after, she obviously likes you.

I wouldn't worry too much :)

• Id think she's a bit nervous to kiss you, Maybe it would be her first time kissing and she doesn't wanna screw it up. The only thing I can say is give it some time.

• I did that twice lol, I say the best thing to do is act as if it never happened and don't attempt it again. But, then again I'm sure it's because of a different reason.

I don't really think you should ask her, unless she does it again. Then bring it up.

Quick question is this the first time you attempted to kiss her?

I see that she is your girlfriend and you didn't try to just put the moves on her... So three things come to mind.

Either she's never been kissed or is a bad kisser.

She wants to take things slow.

She was mad at you not too long ago.

• this would have been the first

• I'm pretty sure it is first overall for the both of us

• Yeah, then that's definitely it . Take it from me I would know.

• I don't know how old you are but she could be nervous or want it to be special or depending on how she rejected you just wasn't expect you to kiss her and just moved

• Some girls get really nervous, especially if it's a first kiss.. Just take it slow and just let it be gradual. Talk about it too. Don't take it personal! Just take your time and have fun!

• She might be nervous so take it slow and gradually do it give her time.

• Just ask her what happened. And of course, ask her to be truthful.

• That's weird. A month of dating is long enough to have sex and not seem easy, so to avoid kissing is just odd. Ask her about it. She may have intimacy issues.

• Try to 'sense' if the mood is up to it Igues. Try again, and if she rejects you again..

Look her in the eyes, and ask her directly.

Just do it. good luck :p

• Bro, the poor girl is shy and nervous about it. I was that girl once too. Try again, but don't hover over her, make sure its in a spacious enviroment, don't go to fast she'll freak out and move out of the way but don't go slow because she'll freak out and get nervous. Really important: create the moment, I'm not saying super cheesy, just cup her face in your hands and kiss her. If she rejects, then that's when you ask.

• have you kissed her on the check yet? :O And have you asked her to be your girlfriend yet? :O

She didn't say anything cause it was awkward that she rejected the kis and didn't know what to say don't worry though since she cuddled with you after it probably means she will accept it just not yet since it has only been almost one month.

• no to the cheek, yes to the girlfriend.

• oh I think maybe you should kiss her on the checks first! :O

• i think you should just ask her about it, maybe she thinks you're moving to fast

• She might be just shy. She wouldn't cuddle with you if she didn't like you enough. Gently and slowly try again later, and if she rejects you a second time, I think you can ask but start with something like "I'm sorry if I'm moving too quickly or making you uncomfortable..." and gently ask if she's not comfortable with kissing or what.

What Guys Said 10

• I wouldn't ask her just yet. Normally, if a girl rejects your kiss and you ask her why, you'll come off as kind of needy and unconfident. Persistance is the key for these situations, so keep acting like nothing happened, and try again later. Since it's the first kiss, maybe try doing it in a more romantic setting. If she rejects you again, then try to talk to her about it, but make sure you don't sound needy.

• Just talk to her about it. Maybe she's not ready for a boyfriend yet. If you're still in high school, everyone is still figuring themselves out and figuring out how this all works.

Man to man, however, don't accept this kind of thing once you start college. A girlfriend without physical intimacy is just a friend with too much expectations and obligations, and college is too good of a time to waste on these kinds of arrangements.

• Let me tell you a story. When I was 14 my first girlfriend rejected my kiss. I asked her why and she said me that she didn't feel ready. I waited one month then I broke up, I was bored.

But, you are 17! Personnally, I couldn't stand it. But if you really appreciate her and don't want to break up, then discuss about it with her. Explain her what you think and feel.

I see no reason to reject a kiss at 17. At 16 I kissed my girlfriend on the first date of dating. I invited her at home, just she and I in the whole house. :) Create a good atmosphere.

Good luck friend!

• Well, I'm guessing by your age this is probably a first relationship for the both of you?

I'm sure she wants the first kiss to be memorable and special. First kiss is a big deal for girls. Ake it a good one.

• If this ever happens,the smartest thing you can do is to leave and find another girl.

If you've spent more than 12 hours in each others' company and she doesn't want to kiss you all over and tear your clothes off,it will probably never happen.

• A no is a no. Don't harass her. Wait until she gives you one.

• Wait a bit more...she might have been nervous. But communication never hurts.

• People talk too much!

Try, try again

demonstrate affection

• If you haven't even kissed one month into a relationship then you're not dating lol.

• Okay, how many dates have you gone on? I mean, if you've been on three or more dates, and she still doesn't want to kiss... not a good sign.