Girls, when you don't text BUT talk to him when you see him, what should he do?

I've been thinking about just stopping talking to this girl, because she seems SERIOUSLY uninterested in texting. I mean, I will text her and she will answer in short or one worded answers, which makes me feel a little off and I stop texting but then the day we see each other, she is all chatty and asking me why I didn't say hi to her and saying how funny I am and things like that.

In this case, is it better to stop talking or don't seem as engaged? I know its probably harder to fake being engaged in a conversation when you have the person in front of you, but this just throws me off...

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh em gee I'm the perfect person to help you with this because I'm just like the girl your describing! Lol I am the most boring texter in the planet to guys I like I will text a couple word answers and such but in person I'm more outgoing if I like you. She probably does it for the same reasons I do it. At first I didn't realize how guys thought about it until a guy straight up asked me if I liked him because I didn't really text him and he was confused. After that I tired to be a better texter but its difficult for me. She probably texts you hardley because she likes you and basically she's trying to keep you interested. She might be less chatty on text because she cannot read you. That's how I am, you don't know if someone thinks your being stupid or if they think your being werid or if they think your coming on too strong by texts. Its scary when you like someone at least for me. So I usually text a lot less and try to sounds not so eager because I don't know how your reacting to it. With my friends I text alot, but that's because I know them so well I can usually know how they are reacting by it and if not I don't really care they are my friends. That's because I'm not trying to impress them or trying to get then to like me. in person I can tell if your into it and when you don't wanna talk to me and things like that so that's why its easier for me to talk to someone in person because you can read them. Obviously this isn't always the case sometimes its because they don't wanna talk to you but I don't think that's the case especially since she's talkative in person. I don't think someone who doesn't wanna talk to you would try talking to you in person. Or she might just hate texting! But I think your over thinking it. I think she likes you she just wants to impress you.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• I am going through the same thing to but the girl I am talking to literally sucks at texting. Some people are just bad at texting and don't like texting. In order for me to get her attention the best thing to do would be to call her or Facebook message/tweet/snapchat her.

• Well not sure if its the same but I often have a hard time talking in text, hard to express what I'm wanting to say.

• She could be a person that doesn't like texts. She could be somewhat shy, boring or both. If she shows signs of sincere interest in person than she probably likes you enough for you to keep texting. I am more forward of a person and would just ask her out or ask her why the short texts. I suggest you just start asking her the right questions.