Girls, on a first date, if a guy leans in for a kiss, do you kiss him?

I realize it depends how the date goes, so what would you do if it was:

1. An average date: You got to know each other, had a good time, great guy, but no extreme feelings.

2. A great first date: Everything went perfect and there were some extreme connections going on.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't kiss a guy on the first date no matter how perfect it was. I like to get to know someone considerably well before doing anything unsure.

What Girls Said 10

• I would wait a couple of dates and get to know him. The waiting also builds that excitement of a kiss.

• No. I'm not a very touchy-feely person, it takes a while for me to open up to someone. I'd be uncomfortable to kiss someone I just met, or just started getting interested in.

• Regardless of how well we connected, I would not kiss on a first date, it takes me longer than that to feel comfortable with someone.

• 1. I would kiss him on the cheek

2. I would kiss him on the lips

Went through all the trouble to go on these dates... least thing you can do is give him a little love

• Correction "Went through the trouble of paying for all these dates, least I could do is show a little but not enough love".

• SeniorSherlock, another misogynist?

• No for the above two scenarios, we need to be comfortable after a few more dates then I would kiss him

• 1. No.

2. Of course, I would.

But it all depends how much more attractive I found him by the end of the night.

• I would feel very uncomfortable whether I kissed him or not

• if I m happy to have second date with him--yes

if I don't wanna have second date-- surely NO

• If I like him, yes. To reject him when he's leaning in for a kiss, and I want him to kiss me, just doesn't make sense to me. I guess other people have different views on it though.

• i wouldn't accept the kiss either way! :P maybe some more dates! :O

What Guys Said 4

• I kiss on the first date.

I've had girls get buterflies and I've had girls get offended just for kissing on the cheek even.

I think kissing on the first date weeds out the bad ones and tells you which ones are good. I notice a lot of girls date for different reasons. Some good and some bad. If they can't kiss, assume they're not interested. If they have all these comfort problems either they don't like the guy, or they really aren't ready to date yet.

• whats wrong with taking it slow?

• I don't consider kissing rushing at all. It's a kiss, not making out. There are plenty of girls out there that will assume no kiss = not interested.

People kiss their relatives and friends on the cheek even.

• I don't listen to the girls, they don't know what they want, often what they say does not match their actions, or if they do, I get different opinions from different women anyway, so I just end up confused. How many times I've heard a woman boasting how chast she is and bad mouthing men for how they only think of one 'thing' and then discover she's a sex obsessed freak who's seen way more **** than I ever will.

I try to do what feels good for me.

• I bet most of the pure girls up there will or have already contradicted themselves, yet justify their actions with "oh, but that does not count because etc" "I don't usually kiss/f*** on a first date" "for six months I slept around because etc" blah blah blah f***ing bullsh*t

• Generally, isn't kiss or not on the first date the mark of success or failure? Assuming it's a decent date, not a walk in a park, or such. The only good dates take place at night, haha.

• I don't go on official dates until we're official. I just prefer to just hang out and go as dutch as possible so then I know not to expect a kiss.