Holding back on the first date - a good quality?

Basically, during the first date a man should not go for a kiss, keep physical interaction minimal. Still keep things interesting and lively, flirt here and there but don't give her too much.

It demonstrates a lot of positive qualities. You have standards and you want to get to know her before you decide you need her in your life. You're patient and you're life's purpose isn't busting a nut on whatever you see. Most importantly, it gives her time to let her decide how she feels about you.

• Agree
  • Disagree

Most Helpful Guy

• There's a difference between simply kissing on a first date and going all over each other and making out. There's nothing wrong with either anyway. If the two aren't letting each other know that they want to be closer it just creates more distance and causes miscommunication as well. As long as you two are on the same page, do what you want. If you don't like going too fast, find someone who is the same way. If you go all the way in 3 dates, find someone who is the same way.

Dating needs to be real, not scripted just because someone's uptight and insists that things be done in some sequential order.

What Girls Said 4

• From the physical aspect this is perfect.

Finding a harmonious mix between being relaxed and observant (so seeing what type of girl she is, do you like her) and also being warm and exciting is ideal. That's a great quality.

Your plan is solid because it's smart and it's middle ground. No woman wants to be engulfed in a man her first date and feel he's coming on too strong. On the other hand, she doesn't want to feel like a filler to his Friday night.

A, agree

• I definitely agree... Pit just isn't right on the first date I know nothing about him , and may not be into him

• Agree and disagree. You should no be all over her but may hint that you want to. I kind of confuses me on a date, especially the first on. I dated a guy with whom it took like a whole month to kiss me. I think the wait was too long because after it, I lost interest rapidly. Perhaps I was expecting too much.

• exactly. I see the first date as kind of like a screen door kinda thing. I go to a first date to get to know a little about her, to see if there are any turnoffs or red flags and by the end of the first date, I should know whether she's someone I want to pursue or whether we should just move on without lives. but yeah, everyone is different. I mean the second date could have a bit more action but the first date, I would be a bit safe.

• I think the key is to find the balance between showing you are interested and being too aggressive. You don't want her to think that you aren't interested if you wait too long to make your move. Slight physical contact would probably be best for a first date ie gently touching her hand or arm and then a hug at the end of the date. After the second date then go for the kiss, and in between keep in contact

What Guys Said 3

• You need to go with the flow but you need to make some kind of move, at least a hug or kiss. You don't want to risk being friend-zoned. If you don't do anything, the girl will wonder why he didn't try. Trust me, I see those questions on GAG all the time.

• Disagree.

It demonstrates positive qualities, but it will help end the date with the girl *not* wanting to go out with you again, and *not* feeling sexual attraction. Flirting, and physical touch, build comfort and attraction.

It is the noble thing, your thought pattern here. But it will help lower your odds of getting a second date, which is a bad thing if you like the girl.

• Second or third date is kissing time, rarely the first date. Ofc you can meet under diff circumstances though. A kiss isn't TOO big of a deal.