Should an 18 year old try online dating?

I have not been lucky when it comes to finding love traditionally. Do you think an 18 year old should try an online dating website?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I don't think so. You're only 18 & you aren't in any rush. If you really want too, there's nothing we can say to stop you. But do proceed with absolute caution. There are some creeps and freaks on these sites. It can be dangerous. Make sure you meet people in broad daylight, public places. Don't tell them where you live. Don't send them nude pictures as this will come back to haunt you. Also, a lot of men on these sties lie about their age. Don't be surprised if you think you're chatting with a cutie 21 year old and when you meet him IRL he's magically aged 20 years. My friends & I have some horror stories.

What Guys Said 2

• Like they say,you've got nothing to lose.

Try OK Cupid ,or Plenty Of Fish.They're free.Be prepared to answer or ignore a lot of emails.

• At 18? No.

What Girls Said 3

• I started to at 17 and I met two amazing men online. the first lasting 3 years in a relationship and the other is just starting. but I also came across many creeps. I had a guy attempt to rape me but I got away. you have to be very careful and always tell a friend who you are with and where you are going so if they don't hear from you by the next day they know somethings up.

• You're only 18, what's your rush? Focus on other things...go live your life! Dating will come along naturally.

• Why not, what do you have to lose?