He rejected my kiss! What to do now?

Our first date was coffee. We talked for like an hour and then we showed each other our lab's on campus (both grad students). He texted me the next day and we chatted, then he texted me again today and we chatted and I hinted we should get together again today.

Fast forward: 2nd date-we went and got ice cream. I think it went well but of course me, being the queen of awkward date endings, went for a kiss in the car and ended up getting his cheek (and a longish/hard kiss-awkward)... ughhhh lol. I thought the hug/waiting for him to do something would be more awkward so I gave it a go. I think I just said "See ya later" after that. He kind of gave a little laugh after the kiss and I don't remember if he said anything. I think he was interested before the kiss cause he did hint that I could hang out with him at his place after but I declined cause I said I had to study- which he knew before. Do you think I ruined it with the kiss? It didn't really seem like he leaned in to it.. No text from him today which is not usual. Should I text him?

Update: Well, he did text me today. He asked how my day was going and then he asked me to grab lunch with him! I told him that I would love to (trying to not sound disinterested haha) but that I couldn't cause I had class, clinic, and then work back to back but that maybe we could do something later or this weekend. He agreed this weekend sounded good and we're going apple picking which is real cute.

Now, when we reach the end of the next date, what should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• It would be a dream come true for me if a girl made the first move on me like that, I would not think less of her

What Guys Said 5

• Nothing. just act like it never happened and maybe let him kiss you instead next time.

• he probably wasn't used to a girl making the first move like that.

• very different boy

• I commend you for not being a coward and taking action yourself.

It's pretty refreshing.

• At least you defied tradition. A lot of women would've just waited.

What Girls Said 5

• You made the first move by kissing him, let him text you. And as for him not reacting maybe he was shocked he didn't make the first move, kinda like you stole his thunder. It sounds like he likes you but don't let him think your wrapped around his finger, I'd wait and see what he says, if a few days go by then text him and go for coffee nothing to big, but don't bring up the kiss. See where you stand. Its a brave thing making a move like that, give it time cause maybe that's never happened to him.

• How awkward haha

For the next date, you should stay close to him and wait until he makes the move. The ball is clearly in his court this time, but just make it easy for him.

• Yes please text him..dont have to wait. He might be surprised by the kiss (nothing negative)

• Just see where the date leads you...maybe let him lean in for the kiss?

• I would just keep texting like nothing happened. I was recently rejected when I asked my friend on a date and he stopped texting me for a couple of days. When I saw him on campus again, we just talked like nothing happened and everything seems fine.