Looking for an out of the ordinary, spontaneous thing to do on a date?

I would say this girl is a little conservative. Fun girl, but I have fun thinking I'm kind of loosening her up. We're going to hit up an art gallery and then get some food, but I want to take it into another direction!

All I can think of is maybe do like a 4 course dinner, all at different restaurants, or maybe do karaoke (even though she says she's a little too shy to do karaoke).

I want it to be fun but not like going clubbing or anything, she's not a big drinker. What's a fun, different thing to do?

P.S. I'm in San Francisco

Most Helpful Girl

• There's always improv shows you can go to (actors do improve but you can watch), murder mystery dinners, or small theater productions.

Since it's almost Halloween: there's apple/pumpkin picking (I don't know if they have those there, though), pumpkin painting/carving, corn maze and/or haunted house, pie making/tasting at small restaurants or bakeries.

If she's a Doctor Who fan, Day of the Doctor is November 23rd & you can do something for that.

There's drive-in movies, planetarium, or Netflix for a quiet night.

Zoos are fun day dates or volunteering at a homeless shelter or nursing home on/near the holidays.

I personally know that I would love to any of those and I hope those ideas help.

What Girls Said 5

• I think a really cute date idea, especially for the fall, is to go apple picking at an apple orchard. Horseback riding, mini-golfing, and bowling are also fun activities. Another idea is to drive to a local park, or just some random open field, and play frisbee or pass around a soccer ball. You guys could go back to one of your places and play board games and listen to music and eat.

• Scavanger hunt! I mean those give you clues after clues. Sharing ideas with each other, figuring out the next clue. Its a great way to build bond, trust, and just fun times. Could even surprise her with lunch then have the waiter bring her the first clue. that leads to the scavanger hunt.

or maybe don't plan anything at all :-) why ruin the idea of spontaneity.

• Omg, that's so cute! You sound so romantic and thoughtful, big props to you. (:

I've visited SF before and I think that's a GREAT place for a date. You should take her to Pier 39 to see the Ripley's Believe It Or Now exhibit, the wax museum, or the SF Bay Aquarium. I think that area is great because of all the street performers, too. I'm sure you could find a nice place to eat all well.

Good luck, I hope this goes well! (:

• i remember going to some nice lounge bars ... there was a nice carousel near moma it would be cute on a date.

i personally prefer the peninsula and south bay

• Rock climbing?

What Guys Said 2

• Go on a late night crawl about the city. SF is great for interesting views and different perspectives. Take a camera if you need an excuse. Go up by the cliffhouse and listen to the surf. Dare to wander the Tenderloin. Do the tourist walk through North Beach. There is enough in the way of people and architecture to have plenty to talk about.

• Go on a hike, sanfran has beautiful hiking trails id imagine.