Why do I notice more guys being clingy compared to girls nowadays?

I honestly notice more guys seeming clingy instead of girls these days. I hear about guys spamming the girls' phones with texts, guys wanting to hang out "too aggressively," guys calling girls up repeatedly, and guys wanting commitment and finding out the girl's not interested. I'll hear about the guy wanting to get married too soon, the guy being emotional, and the guy being harassing when the girl's not interested.

Am I just seeing one side of things here or am I just not encountering as many clingy girls? Granted, I have dealt with clingy girls, but I am so much more likely to hear about a girl not texting a guy for a "fear of being clingy" compared to a guy blowing up a girl's phone with 60+ texts because she never responded to her first text.

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you ever hear, or hear as much, society politicians people etc talking about supporting men, caring for their problems etc? Do you hear people referring to men as the bad uhmans and women as the good ones? SOciety is revolving around women, if you are a man , you are guilty until proven innocent, women have gained power in all areas typically belonging to men, men haven't gained power in areas which were typically women's domain. Women have the power they already had, plus the one taken from men. Men yet are still expected to be the provider, to swoon the girls, etc. How cannot boys grow up thinking they are sh*t on earth whose only way to redeem themselves from the sin of being born males is to kiss a woman's ass? Here comes a generation of men broken from the moment they were born, yet women say they still haven't got enough, they have this and this problem blah blah blah. You know what's the greatest health issue among men? Noone talks about it (see movember webpage). Males are second class citizens, scum who need to prove they are not like any other male and they are able to become more like women. Men are defective women who need to be straighten up. But guess who will always be better at being a woman between a man and a woman?

What Girls Said 6

• Maybe men are becoming pu**ies :)))

But seriously, I think there's a stereotype of a clingy girl, wanting to get married and have kids ASAP regardless of whether the man is up for that or not, then there's the whole "Overly attached gf" meme, and I guess a lot of girls don't wanna be that girl. On the other hand, I didn't hear of stereotypes accusing men of being overly attached and stuff like that, so maybe those men don't even think it's possible for them to seem clingy. Maybe it's being treated as a flaw that only women can posses, so women are more aware of the clingy behavior and try to avoid it.

• I think society has allowed us to change how we can act as we have become a society that is bridging the gap between men and women and dissolving gender hiearchy. Women are more of a choice today, we can make our own money and live lives the way we want and that independance probably allows us to be a little more selective of prospective partners. Perhaps guys feel they have to try a little harder now, and the less confident individuals may come across in such a way, in a desperate attempt to 'win the girl'.

But what do I know, I'm kind of a traditionalist at heart. =) I like a guy to look after me and treat me like a princess a lot of the time. Its safe =)

• Girls seem to be becoming more independent and guys are becoming more sensitive/in touch with their emotions.

• I'd like to know that answer as well...

• Most men have been emasculated.

• I think guys are less aware of being clingy or other social grace type errors in dating. Females tend to read more dating advice than guys.

What Guys Said 6

• I guess girls developed some kind of fear

• 1) Clingy vs. not can be a very opinionated thing. For example a psycho girl may call a guy clingy even if he is acting within normal bounds.

2) To an extent girls control relationships. A girl can get away with a lot more inappropriate advances/habbits and be seen as being "cute", a "bad ass" for breaking the norm, "creative" etc. Guys on the other hand are quickly labeled "creeps", "weirdos" and in this case "clingy" .

3) Girls like to believe in love, dating and romance. It is almost as if their entire lives rotate about it. There is no way a 17 or even 25 year old knows or understand the responsibilities that comes with such relationships. Most just want to have a "good time" and live in their romantic fantasy. Hence there is a potential for them to not be committed to a person and be very fickle.

I think I have a few others in mind...but I feel lazy...you get the drift.

• From my perspective, girls are still far more clingy than guys are. How do we really know, though, that it has changed over time. The number of men being clingy and the number of women being clingy could've stayed the same, the only difference may just be that with technology the way it is today it just seems more prevalent than ever before.

Let's be honest here. There's no reason for a guy to be clingy to girls because I'm sure we all know that . . . link

• When women want to be pursued, what should they expect? They want guys to like them but when they do, they complain.

• Your observations are 100% at odds with mine. I find girls to be every bit as annoyingly clingy as they've always been. Not so much with guys. I'm sure there are exceptions, as you've apparently seen, but as a rule girls are still far more clingy than guys.

• Women always have and always will have more choices then guys do when it comes to relationships and guys don't so they will seem more needy. Plus society makes it seem like guys need to be with a girl.From movies to life in general, men are told that they need a woman to be complete. this is nothing new and its always been like this.