Sorry for length - for single moms.

I just recently met and started talking to a younger lady that is a single mom. She's 31 and lives with her parents with her little boy. We've gone out a several times and seem to hit it off. We've kissed and done a lot of holding and tons of talking. My issue is that she says that she has to sneak to even go out with me when we do see each other, because her parents wouldn't understand her leaving her son to date. She hasn't dated in almost three years and she and I both aren't dating anyone else. My confusion more is that she's hot and cold. Like someday she's all about sending hearts, dirty talk, and others she's just like talking to a "friend". Am I wasting my time here hoping that more will happen? Mom's what's your take? She doesn't get to go out much at all which means we get very little actual time together.

**Update**

She was taking her little boy trick or treating this evening and I see pics on Facebook of her, her son, and her parents with an "ex" boyfriend...guess I get the hot and cold now :-(

Most Helpful Guy

• I honestly feel that she's bad news. I've tried dating single moms and very few have their sh*t together. The fact that she lives at home also shows you that she isn't financially independent. Most of this is probably due to having to watch her kid preventing her from working more flexibly(only guessing here). I've met some single moms who successfully live on their own but the ones at home with their parents I feel have a higher chance of being bad news.

At home or not though, there is a risk of ex-boyfriend drama. This can have something to do with the hot and cold. But it's only a guess. I honestly feel that most single moms try to keep their issues away from potential dates at least for a little while. My other concern is the whole "sneaking out? thing. I'm assuming she's telling her parents one thing, then seeing you when you say this. Honestly, this can potentially make you feel like you're dating a 17 year old who has a curfew. I doubt you'd want that.

What Girls Said 3

• i think she's under pressure and guilt trips from her parents if she does date you openly - how could you pick me over looking after your son? blah blah, itll be twisted to sound worse than it is by her parents so she's probably having guilty days and days where she realizes she can also have her own life too it doesn't mean she's neglecting her son.

• I am not a single mom or a mom at all but as a women I believe instead if focusing on spending time with her you should try if you can not be with her be apart of her family. Make it so her son is excited to see you.

• Am a single mom. For me, I need to find a father for my son rather a husband for myself. Can you see the difference? A single mom needs someone who is very very responsible, mature and will love her and her child unconditionally. You have to show her that you are able to give her all those before she could accept you. You must be ready financially and emotionally to get involve with us :)

• Ollady, thanks..I've given 120% to her I've shown that I can financially handle whatever comes and love her little boy..he's really awesome. Problem is that she continues to say that she doesn't have time to date or be serious, but we message all the time non stop. We've gone out and she says she loves spending time with me but I feel like I'm always in limbo waiting for her to get time to spend with me. Feels like she's able to make time for her other friends and family just not me. :-(

What Guys Said 1

• Not a single mom here, but being a single mom is hard, and she needs someone she can trust (being a dad is some responsible stuff). I think you must show that you aren't afraid of commitment...