Anyone feel that the questions online dating sites ask are making us superficial?

When I see the questions dating sites ask I have to wonder if they cause people to look at things that shouldn't matter. Do you feel it is appropriate for sites to have us filling in the questions they put in or do you feel they are legitimate deal breakers?

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on what the question is. Each one by itself might not be deal breakers, but it could be a sign of incompatibility if you get two people that are opposites. I have noticed that generally a guy will write down the minimum of what a woman needs to be and won't accept less, whereas women seem more likely to put down some fantasy man they would like to have, but are more willing to accept less. This tends to make the women seem unreasonably picky, but in truth most are more reasonable than they appear on their profiles. That might be way you are thinking of them as deal breakers, instead of just as a preference.

What Girls Said 1

• Most studies I've read suggest that both mutual attraction and common interests do help a couple bond. Of course, common values are important, as well.

What Guys Said 4

• The entire internet as a whole has made a lot of first-world cultures/societies superficial and shallow.

• No, I think these kind of things also let us understand more about the person. I'm all for more information!

• Yes;

and it's annoying as feck to see the same questions being posted over and over again, and nothing done to remove them

• If it is something that really bothers someone else I don't mind. I remember I think it was OK Cupid they ask off the wall questions and you can rate how important the subject is. If the person really cares that much about those things do you really want to be with them?