Have you ever dated someone because they looked like your ex?

Bad thing to do? I guess as long as you don't say the ex's name?

Most Helpful Girl

• The key is to date someone with the same first NAME as your ex, rather than face...no name confusion :)

What Girls Said 38

• I guess it's not so bad if it happened COINCIDENTALLY and you still would date the person if they looked the complete opposite of your ex. But dating someone because they look like your ex is tacky and makes you look bad. It makes you look like your'e not over your ex if they see the new person you're dating. If the person your'e dating finds out, they may wonder if you think about your ex's face and body while screwing them and if you secretly compare them to your ex. Not cool.

• Yeah I can see how that could bring up some serious issues

• Personally, I would NEVER continue dating someone if I found out I looked like their ex and they had a history of dating females that look like their ex. It's a smack in the face to me like they wouldn't even have given me a chance romantically if I wasn't walking around with their ex's face. I'd feel like 'Okay...so are you attracted to me for ME or because I remind you of your ex'?

• I once dated a guy who reminded me of my ex. At first I didn't realize that was why I was attracted to him but then I noticed all the characteristics him and my ex shared. I felt bad because once I realized that, I lost all attraction I had towards him.

• I know a few people that have dated people that look like their exes. Not because they do, just because its their type, I guess. I guess I would if I met someone that I liked, but surely not because of the way they looked. None of my exes look anything a like though. Actually, it's kind of crazy just how different my exes looks. :/ Anyway. But, both of my ex fiancĂ©es are now married to girls that resemble me. That's weird!

• No, i think it's unfair for them. Should be in a relationship where the other likes you for who you are, not as a replacement.

• Well if you do that, you're definitely looking for some kind of rebound. Dating someone who looks like the ex won't help getting over him/her.. But already done that :/

• yes I did, some time ago. And I look like my husbands ex :D

• No. I do have a usual type, but it doesn't belong to any one ex in particular in my mind. I just really like guys with dark hair and light eyes.

• I don't know that most people do it on purpose. The last guy I was seeing, how many things I had in common with his ex-wife was insane! Same color hair, same type of career, even same birth sign! I just think that's his type.

• has happened. I also tend to buy very similar looking jewelry and clothes. I am attracted to cervain stuff.

• No that would be awful

• This question reminds me of serial killer ted bundy and how his target were girls who looked like his ex. :O :/

• I have yes. I think it was because they made me remember all the great times I had with my ex and I guess in ways having a boyfriend who looked just like him made it seem as though I still had a connection with him. It could also mean you just like those certain features as your ex and want to date someone who looked similar cause you were so attracted to them. I hope this helps :)

• If you're NOT still in love with your ex, it's probably okay. However, if you still want or feel something for your ex, that's probably a horrible idea.

• No. But I've been attracted to people who look like people I've dated in the past.

• It's not going to last because they're two different people. If she falls in love with you, you're in trouble. Bad choice.

• I've liked someone for that reason plenty of times lol A dentist I went to looked exactly like my ex - so much so that I couldn't get my words out effectively and ultimately didn't go there again haha

• Omg, this is actually my current situation, this guy I like and I am dating right now, looks just like my ex and thinking about it I think its the only reason I am attracted to him =/

• no

• Not bad thing just creepy don't ask why because it just is and no never

• Hell no

• Don't think I would do that, would remind me of my ex which is a terrible thing.

• Oh no never!

• I didnt break up with my ex to date someone who looks like him and remind me of him!

• I've liked someone cuz they look like the last person I liked

• No Never Do That ; Looks Mean Nothing When They're Attitude Is Bad

• No . glad there isn't any

• Hell no, never

• Yes, I have done this and I'm not ashamed. My prior ex was very attractive.

• Nope! All my exs have looked completely different

• No. Why would I do that?

• More from Girls
    8

What Guys Said 10

• Dating someone who happens to look like your ex is alright. Dating someone BECAUSE they look like your ex probably isn't very healthy.

• No I didn't but I did however notice that the girl I'm currently seeing is in some aspects very similar to one of my ex's. Witch I guess isn't that bad of a thing since I guess my ex was completely my type and this girl is too and it's only logical that way.

• Nope never did.

Probably wouldn't also, because I don't see any way I can be attracted to someone just because she looks like my ex. Pretty girls are pretty, cute girls are cute, soul mate is soul mate. Looking like my ex is not a point of consideration for me. I doubt I'd encounter 2 people who look that alike anyway.

• If she reminds me of my ex, I'd stay far away from her.

• If your ex has certain physical features that you're really attracted to, then it may be inevitable that you'll find yourself dating someone with certain similarities.

• No but I dated 3 girls at the same time that all had the same name . Only difference was race. Black Diane , White Diane, and Hispanic Diane.

• Question did the 3 girls come up to you or did you go up to them.. At one point in my life I had 3 girls all named Ashley that had crushes on me, I look back on that and what a mess it could of been.

Funny at least one of them she's acting funny.. in person she's like hi and gives me a hug and tells me we should meet up, but I sent her a happy birthday message and she deleted the message from the wall.. I never saw anyone elses message too.. weird, not worried however.

• lol one of them I remember telling me she had a crush on me until she found out how old I was.. I think I'm like 4-5 years older then her.. she ended up getting preg. in the end by some guy.. she wants me to shoot her daughters birthday party coming up.. the other two well the mother wanted me to date her but I backed off because I did not have a car at the time.. She is a nice girl but again she has a daughter now too.. the last one.. well she has a spending prob.

• No... And I'm grateful I haven't met someone that similar..

• Lol my ex dated a guy that looked like me... pretty sure she was aware as well

• Well technically I don't have any ex's but I've had women that I've seen, hooked up with, but the other night there was this hot bartender that looked like a girl I was seeing over the summer in a few ways. It totally turned me on, so I would say it's fine just as long as you don't accidentally call the girl your ex's name lol. Avoid making comparisons too.

• Did it once and I accidently called her by my ex's name.

• ouch.. did she get upset?

• Oh yeah big time