Why do girls say they like a guy who is 'sweet' but don't date 'sweet'?

Is there something about a guy that is 'sweet' that is just not attractive to girls? what is it?

Most Helpful Guy

• dont confuse being sweet with being a pushover.

girls like nice guys but want a guy who knows what he wants. stand up for yourself & be upfront about what you need/want from a girl. be the man that girls fantasize about. be a winner but don't be afraid to take a loss. if you are right but it ends up with a loss, it doesn't matter, you were still right.

this stereotypical 'nice guy sweet guy' stuff doesn't work & will automatically put you in a category of undatable.

you need to stop caring so much.

fwiw you don't have to offer anything to a girl to date her, as long as you pull off the image/situation of her needing you for her to be whole.

What Girls Said 2

• Girls do date sweet guys. They're just not dating you. Harsh reality, but it's true. You're sweet--so what? Millions of other guys are sweet. But there has to be more to the guy for the girl to connect with him and like him.

Don't assume that guys who get girlfriends aren't sweet. They just don't ride on that one label because they have more to offer.

• That's not true. My boyfriend is the sweetest guy I know! There's just a lot more to him than that.

What Guys Said 4

• Generally, girls have coded meanings for 'sweet.' It means a guy who isn't cool, doesn't have a hot car, doesn't spend a lot of money on them...

In other words, 80% of the male population...

• In my experience girls just call guys sweet when they're trying to let them down easy.

• Who said this? I never heard of that before.

• It means your not sweet and attractive